Author Topic: WW1 'Camel Sweep' movie  (Read 449 times)

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
WW1 'Camel Sweep' movie
« on: November 29, 2010, 07:54:34 AM »
Just a short flick with more or less contiguous footage from the first contact of the event, Camels vs Fokker Dr.1's. Event lasted 2 and a half hours, about the typical duration of a sortie of the period. Makes you think.

I didn't try to get too clever with AHFV as I'm new to it. Just some basic cockpit view stuff, let the action speak for itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eyQ1GRQOss 
"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: WW1 'Camel Sweep' movie
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:36:03 PM »
25% fuel?  I saw that you had a fuel leak very early in the fight and didn't last long as a result.  That looked like a lot of fun though and the Camel is a bit of fun to fly.  The few times I actually go to the WWI arena, I usually take the Camel.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Bannock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »
yeah   25% is good for furballs but not when you're playing lil Dutch Boy in the air.  :salute  LOL

Good to see some folks using the WW1 arena...  Might just draw me back top the game sooner than later.
 :airplane:

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
I always roll with 50% fuel (unless I need more) so you must have looked at the gauge after the fuel tank was hit. Pity about the loss of quality getting it small enough to upload  :( Mine seems to be worse than the norm, I'll have to check out that 'how to' thread before I attempt any more.
"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 11:12:37 PM »
It's a good short skit.  Too bad you didn't stay in the fight for very long.  It was just starting to get me into the urge to log into the arena but then you were forced to land. :lol  Bah!  I probably won't sleep for a few more hours now... :rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.