Author Topic: I'm fed up!  (Read 3751 times)

Offline greens

• Silver Member
Re: I'm fed up!
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2010, 08:21:53 PM »
snail, ud be screwed up if u broke a suspension bolt or any other bolt on a snowmachine out in the wilderness in alaskas bush in -20F weather  :banana:  :aok
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Seafit

• Zinc Member
Re: I'm fed up? No, quite the opposite!
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2010, 10:39:16 AM »
I've had mine since 2001 (coincidentally, when I first tried Aces High!) and they're still A-OK!  :aok  I wonder if that has anything to do with them using magnets and a spring instead of potentiometers?

A++ Would buy again!  (if they'd ever break)

May I ask are your set USB or the Gameport version?
I have a gameport set but I've been unable to get them working under Win7(64) with any USB converter so far.
Thanks

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2010, 08:24:44 AM »
May I ask are your set USB or the Gameport version?
I have a gameport set but I've been unable to get them working under Win7(64) with any USB converter so far.
Thanks

Yeah, unfortunately I got the gameport set, too (probably should've been more forward thinking back then... think it was only like 10 more bucks for the usb  :o).

I've had a usb converter for as long as I can remember, though, and it works under Win7(64)... Unfortunately, I'm not at home and I'm going out of town for the weekend, so I can't check to see what it is exactly or take photos, but I think I might have bought it DHS Electronic as well?   :headscratch:

Sorry, I'll have to get back to you on that...

Offline Seafit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 08:26:44 AM »
Yeah, unfortunately I got the gameport set, too (probably should've been more forward thinking back then... think it was only like 10 more bucks for the usb  :o).

I've had a usb converter for as long as I can remember, though, and it works under Win7(64)... Unfortunately, I'm not at home and I'm going out of town for the weekend, so I can't check to see what it is exactly or take photos, but I think I might have bought it DHS Electronic as well?   :headscratch:

Sorry, I'll have to get back to you on that...

Thanks that would be a great help.

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2010, 08:31:48 AM »
Hey Seafit, sorry about the lag...  Apparently I bought the converter from Radioshack in around 2002, maybe?  Here're some photos if you want to try to track it down:

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Seafit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »
Hey Seafit, sorry about the lag...  Apparently I bought the converter from Radioshack in around 2002, maybe?  Here're some photos if you want to try to track it down:

Fantastic, there is hope for me then. I'm off for a browse of Radioshack gear.
Thanks again for this, after using the pedals for years I just can't use a twisty stick any more.
Cheers
Seafit