Author Topic: Some of my model work - kinda off topic.  (Read 10501 times)

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Some of my model work - kinda off topic.
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2010, 05:20:20 PM »
Flench, do you wear anything when you fly that (I mean screens in front of your eyes etc, not clothing  :D) and guess you need to know your neighbourhood well to determine where you are at any given time?

That, is cool as anything.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2010, 05:24:17 PM »
Yeah , I wear video googles .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2010, 05:29:19 PM »
Control via a normal r/c set up, or something more exotic (asking as christmas is coming ya know  ;))

Oh, and if you dont mind me asking, what was the set up cost etc?

Wurzel

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2010, 05:35:09 PM »
*left turn

When are you going to get your butt back in the unfriendly skies?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2010, 05:36:19 PM »
Me? I'd say in around an hour or so (3.35pm PST here right now)
 ;)

Wurzel

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2010, 07:50:03 PM »
Wow. Stunning work.
Makes me want to take down the partially assembled Revelle P40-E I've had sitting on top of my bookcase for the last 12 years. LOL first I gotta get my daughters laptop so I can evict her from the open portion of my wraparound desk so I can have room to work.

Best work I ever did was about 25 years ago. It was an M4 Tank if I remember correctly. But back then I had the time and patience for such things. Put alot of hours into it working on it evey night while we watched the mini series "The North and the South"  back when it first aired. Even did a little diorama around it fabricating myself what I couldnt find. For example it even had camouflage netting I created by unfolding an piece of gauze and painting it up. I may have a couple of pictures of it up in the attic buried under hundreds of other pictures we have. One of these days I'll have to go through them and see if its there.

Anyway. Was really proud of it....Till a couple of our friends came over with one of their kids while I was at work and thought it was a toy for them to play with.
I was heartbroken and didnt know whom I wanted to strangle more. The kids parents. The kid. Or the wife.

LOL The wife and I had a pretty big fight over it too.

Since them I've only built a coupe for my son to play with when he was little and kept em pretty basic cause, well I knew he was going to play with em. We started that P-40 but he never really showed much interest in building. So up on my bookcase its sat for the last 12 years.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2010, 05:52:51 AM »
PM me gpwurzel . Don't want to take dude's thread over . But I sure would like JHerne to do a pint job for me .Like the 109 .
http://www.vimeo.com/groups/flench/videos/4752279
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 06:06:17 AM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2010, 10:14:17 AM »
Dude...you need a hobby.

J/K Nice!

~AoM~