Author Topic: P51 vids  (Read 1338 times)

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
Re: P51 vids
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 11:22:58 AM »
Thanks for both comments!  I know the fight wasnt that exciting, but appreciate the feedback.   :salute
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer
The Wrecking Crew- www.twcclan.com

Never leave your wingman... trust in him always.... never die alone.

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 01:08:29 PM »
To me, the hit on the KI was just a pick. Don't get me wrong, it was a good pick  :devil You never did re engage him. You pulled him along for your buddies and once he got tied up with them you went back. It really wasn't much of a fight.

That is one of my issues with the Pony... it seems that the majority of kills are really just picks.  That works when you are in a supporting as cover for an attack element, but that's about all I can do with it.  There really doesnt seem to be many times where I've felt like my skills have much of a contribution to the kill. 
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »
If you have more then a half tank of fuel, keep your speed up.  

http://www.mediafire.com/?58r96g396rlgi8e

Rash

PS, wrong file, go to about the 11 minute mark.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 02:02:15 PM by Rash »
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 09:54:49 PM »
That is one of my issues with the Pony... it seems that the majority of kills are really just picks.  That works when you are in a supporting as cover for an attack element, but that's about all I can do with it.  There really doesnt seem to be many times where I've felt like my skills have much of a contribution to the kill. 
The P51 excells at speed. a pick is considered by many as shooting an enemy that is engaged. others see this as helping a fellow member out. So "picking" may not be the best word for it. P51s also do very well with flaps. one or two notches can really pull a tighter corner to get that annoying plane just out of your gunsight but dont feel uneasy about kicking full flaps in some situations. It may feel awkward fighting at low alts also but it is doable. i have killed many a foe who believed that a low pony = easy kill.

The 51 also does well if you maintain E by going vertical at times while on the deck. say after you shoot at a zeke low on the deck, you then pass by pull up and aim for your next target before coming back down (dont hang yourself unless you are safe or maybe a picker will come in and rip your wing off) etc. SA is also very much needed in these situations as you ARE in a vulnerable situation in a P51 low. It IS all relative to the situation of course.

P.S. The 51 has some quirky maneuvers that if you learn, will save your life many times. I had an I-16 and a KI-84 call for help while they were both on my six by pulling one of said maneuvers. The 84 ended up being shot up in the end. Dont be afraid to overuse elevator in extreme situations creating gyros and flatspins (and when i say extreme i mean extreme or you WILL most likely die).

Also like i said. SA is needed in general. Good SA=Longer lasting sorties. SA+ACM= many kills and quite possibly landing with them.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
Thanks for the comments and posts!  I am starting to get a little better but it just takes time.  The Vid below was from last night and even though I died, it was the "funnest" fight of the night.   

To set the scene... Bish were outnumbered 10-1 at the base I was trying to defend and I decided to extend to see if I could drag one out with me.  Instead I dragged two 51s.  I could have kept running at the point I started the vid, but I saw this as a great chance to get some practice turning in the Pony. 

After viewing the film, I saw a number of obvious mistakes to include wasting my initial advantage with a bad first move.  I got lucky a few times, but finally died when the 51 spins. 

Would love any comments or suggestions.   :salute

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nk9u6y46u3dlxbg/Pony%20Duel-%202v1.ahf
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer

Offline TWC_Jaxx

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »
If you have more then a half tank of fuel, keep your speed up.  

http://www.mediafire.com/?58r96g396rlgi8e

Rash

PS, wrong file, go to about the 11 minute mark.

Great Vid Rash!  Gonna watch that one about 10 times! 
TWC_Jaxx
Training Officer

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »
Was there a glitch in Rash's film or can you now switch to f3 mode in the main??

I thought the film was long but Rash did say go to 11 min. At 1 min it still was not exciting IMO. his first kill died in ack and his second Itunes crashed then he chased a 51 back to his base and ran for it since there were so many rooks upping to defend the town.

STEVE made the best 51 vids........Anyone have any to post?