Author Topic: Please  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Please
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 10:04:56 PM »
Maybe it's an issue with your system? I get fraps and dxtory output just fine without stutters or hitches when recording playback in the film viewer.

The fact that it's wholly unreliable as an export method negates its usefulness. If it's the only way you have found that works for you, then god help you until HTC re-writes that export code (I don't think they will any time soon), because most of us don't even use it. It's a last-resort tool, IMO.

P.S. Most of us do record at resolutions higher than 480 anyways. To use 480 or less just runs too blocky and pixellated to be enjoyable to the viewers.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 10:26:21 PM »
Krusty, check the outputs of the film viewer? Then you will know why I said what I said.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,346137.msg4571341.html#msg4571341
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 06:28:10 AM »
If there is a stutter in the film viewer, then FRAPS will show it as a stutter in its recorded information, whereas you will never, ever see a stutter from a film viewer export to AVI.

We get complaints about FRAPS and stutters all the time.  FRAPS cannot synchronize with the game graphic engine, whereas the film viewer can.

The only problem with the export is the size of the film.  Larger films tend to be more problematic.  We have that on our bug list.  Most of the problems have to do with the CODEC being used.  There is a short list of ones that work.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 06:36:38 AM »
Skuzzy, what about the resolution of the exported video? Will we at some point be able to export in High Def (or choose a custom resolution)? The current choices are too limited, with 720x480(?) being the highest available.

I would personally have no problem recording a second track for audio if the film viewer could export my shots in High Def.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 09:11:23 AM »
Skuzzy, what about the resolution of the exported video? Will we at some point be able to export in High Def (or choose a custom resolution)? The current choices are too limited, with 720x480(?) being the highest available.

I would personally have no problem recording a second track for audio if the film viewer could export my shots in High Def.

It is on the list as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 03:34:12 PM »
OP, If your not happy, mute or make your own film.

As for AHFilm, buggy and often frustrating to work with.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 03:49:33 PM »
OP, If your not happy, mute or make your own film.

+1
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 09:09:59 PM »
Best way to record footage from the film viewer is to use an external ap like fraps while playing the film viewer. Don't even bother with the "export to AVI" feature there. Just ignore that.

+100