Author Topic: 2 small ideas  (Read 330 times)

Offline CrosFire

• Copper Member
2 small ideas
« on: January 29, 2011, 03:45:47 PM »
1st off is when your tank gets "tracked" can it stay level just because the track isn't connected doesn't mean its gonna list 45* to which everside.
2nd Not sure if this has been asked for but here we go, a glider towed by a C47 that has about 5 troops for extra security just in case some of the other troops got killed. land goon press "2" to switch to the glider open doors and let em run what ya say?
When he gets to heaven to St.Peter he will tell one more marine reporting sir Ive served my time in hell. -Marine on the "Canal"

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: 2 small ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »
The Airspeed Horsa carried 28 troops. I reckon it would be more fun to make the gliders piloted.

Even the German DFS230 carried 10 troops, so I think 5 is too few. The US CG-4A carried 14.

But best of all, the Me321 carried 130 :D. Imagine one tanker trying to kill all them as they wend their way through town.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:52:32 PM by palef »
Retired

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »
technically C-47 can carry 28 troops

+1 on the tank thing
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »
crossfire.  on your first point totally agree with you.  but on the second ht has said that if he did that then he would increase the number of troops needed to take town to whatever can be carried by one player.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CrosFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »
crossfire.    but on the second ht has said that if he did that then he would increase the number of troops needed to take town to whatever can be carried by one player.

semp
[/quote]

Didnt know that never mind.
When he gets to heaven to St.Peter he will tell one more marine reporting sir Ive served my time in hell. -Marine on the "Canal"

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
crossfire.  on your first point totally agree with you.  but on the second ht has said that if he did that then he would increase the number of troops needed to take town to whatever can be carried by one player.

semp

Make it so two players have to pilot the goon/glider combo.  It could work with the .join command.  If the goon driver releases the glider without someone else to drive it, it spins and crashes horribly into the ground.  dunno why, but I think that'd be kinda fun.  It'd be no different than having two goons, other than the novelty factor.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Rhah

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 05:15:24 PM »
+10 to gliders! Good comes in at 5k, drops glider, glider circles town to lose speed and attempt to find somewhere to land, all the while dodging the fighters. Yah.

/end sarcasm
Kommando Nowotny

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »
Make it so two players have to pilot the goon/glider combo.  It could work with the .join command.  If the goon driver releases the glider without someone else to drive it, it spins and crashes horribly into the ground.  dunno why, but I think that'd be kinda fun.  It'd be no different than having two goons, other than the novelty factor.
agreed :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 09:11:40 AM »
Glider Tigs didin't carry troops.

Want a glider? Turn off the engines.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay