Author Topic: CV Commanding  (Read 918 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: CV Commanding
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 07:13:31 PM »
It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.

~DaVinci
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 11:38:27 PM »
Instead of posting here whining about somebody taking control of the
CV and hiding it, where you KNOW THEIR NAME...

8- Complaints about a player's behavior online should be emailed to support@hitechcreations.com rather than posted to this board.

in case you misread the other rules or didnt see them:

2- Threads should remain on topic, do not "hijack" topics.

4- Flamebaiting, flaming, being abusing, being disrepectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.

5- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If you feel a post violates the forum rules, the use the "Report to Moderator" link in the post to report it.

8- Complaints about a player's behavior online should be emailed to support@hitechcreations.com rather than posted to this board.

Reasons:
2 - Your post has nothing to do with the wish.

4 - See bold

5 - I hope you can figure this one out.

8 - Your complaining about how I didn't email Skuzzy. I wasnt complaining about anyone. I was stating a a wish for there to be a new way to take command of a CV.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 11:47:27 PM »
what do you suggest?

read the first post again. At the bottom of the picture was a suggestion.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 06:30:17 AM »
I meant your suggestion for determining who gets control of the CV, not how to boot them when they already have command.

as for voting people off, dont think its a good idea. when Ive taken control of a CV in the past its usually to get it out of a bad position that someone else has put it in (without taking command). most of the complaints on range are from guys in fighters trying to land on a turning CV. they dont know or care about the PT spawn its about to run over, the SB its about to come into range of or the buffs that are about to bomb it, they just want to land their kills. in fact I dont think Ive ever commanded a CV without someone whining about it.

rank is probably the best way to determine command. it doesnt mean that you're an expert in naval warfare, but it does show that you understand the mechanics of the game. the only other way I can see to do it would be to rank 8" gunners, although I'm not sure this would make much difference.

CV command is probably one of the least understood parts of the game, very few players even know how to change course without spinning the group in circles, or how to best attack another group, or how close to shore it needs to be to run LVTs etc.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 09:14:27 AM »
Bottom line here, ask on Country channel if the person who has control will release it. If they get rowdy and give you uncalled for grief, screenie and send to the link listed previously. Also ask fellow countrymen if someone can take control and release it.  You do have a right to access the CV with all the other players but be responsible with it.
By telling them (countrymen) the purpose of your request, you might get them to give it to you. They might also have a reason to keep it if the area is being overrun.

Sometimes it's better to hide than fight. Do a mission to capture the port and then take the CV. Capturing ports and bases are also a way to get a higher score/rank.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 09:20:01 AM »
Bottom line here, ask on Country channel if the person who has control will release it. If they get rowdy and give you uncalled for grief, screenie and send to the link listed previously. Also ask fellow countrymen if someone can take control and release it.  You do have a right to access the CV with all the other players but be responsible with it.
By telling them (countrymen) the purpose of your request, you might get them to give it to you. They might also have a reason to keep it if the area is being overrun.

Sometimes it's better to hide than fight. Do a mission to capture the port and then take the CV. Capturing ports and bases are also a way to get a higher score/rank.

Well the thing is, the person could see where i was sending it and it wasnt a bad place. It was gonna be for a base take and it was completely away from all the other bases. There was no need to go and hide the CV if we had the port and the port wasnt under attack.