Author Topic: Back & Up View  (Read 675 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Back & Up View
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:51:05 AM »
Weird thing here.  Page up always worked fine in conjuction with #5 on keypad and #2 to move headrest out of the way for a back up view.  With this new relatively cheap Microsoft keyboard, they don't.  I've not reassigned any keys.  Anyone run into this?

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
Re: Back & Up View
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
I've run into this same problem. I believe for me the magic numbers are 5 and 6. So when I am pressing 5 and 6 on the numpad at the same time, I can't adjust my head position. It's no more than an inconvenience to me because I've mapped "Look Up" to a button on my joystick. So instead of pressing 5, 6 and Page Up for example, I press the button on my joystick, 6 and Page Up. I think the problem is more of a Windows thing not wanting to accept too many simultaneous key inputs or something. I don't know.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »
 Did you know you can save a head position once you have the view you want hold it and  hit the f10 key. This will save that position you can do this for all your views.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 03:14:29 PM »
Being a member since 2002 and having two-thousand posts, I assumed he did.  :o

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 08:05:02 PM »
I've run into this same problem. I believe for me the magic numbers are 5 and 6. So when I am pressing 5 and 6 on the numpad at the same time, I can't adjust my head position. It's no more than an inconvenience to me because I've mapped "Look Up" to a button on my joystick. So instead of pressing 5, 6 and Page Up for example, I press the button on my joystick, 6 and Page Up. I think the problem is more of a Windows thing not wanting to accept too many simultaneous key inputs or something. I don't know.

So, map some buttons for fubared keyboard functions?  Is that right?  Never tried it, but i will.  Thanks!

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 07:06:28 PM »
something else, formerly, page up brought the airplane's frame down.  nothing else.  now, at the end on the declination of the airframe, it moves towards me almost like a zoom.  anyone else have this?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 06:20:33 AM »
something else, formerly, page up brought the airplane's frame down.  nothing else.  now, at the end on the declination of the airframe, it moves towards me almost like a zoom.  anyone else have this?

Yeah - there's no "stop."
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 08:46:49 AM »

agree only in certain planes though but it is annoying,  messes with your normal shooting position.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 01:56:30 PM »
Planes that have round cockpit glass causes the extra movement, bubble canopies.  HTC changed it so your head could go all the way to the glass. 
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 03:59:27 PM »

I believe this is caused by an update in how the cockpits were modeled.  On older models the space you could move your head position through was a box, this resulted in some generous positioning depending on the shape of the canopy.  In some of the new plane models this is no longer the case, the space now more closely follows the contours of the canopy.  So you're hitting page up and the head is moving up till it hits the canopy then following the contour depending on the angle.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.