Author Topic: Monster Jam!  (Read 378 times)

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Monster Jam!
« on: February 03, 2011, 08:42:03 PM »
Going to it next Saturday at the Georgia dome, first time and its gonna be awesome! Any advice on bring ear plugs or not? and what to expect?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:03:22 PM by F22RaptorDude »
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Re: Monster Jam!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »
I've been to several indoors and out.. I've never really found it to be unbearably loud so no i've never worn ear protection even indoors.

But I would recommend them considering how bad my hearing is. I'm just 19 and sometimes have more troubly hearing things than my grandparent  :old:
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:15:39 AM »
Thats awesome Raptor yea i live in Fort Walton Beach/Destin Fl and im driving down to Tampa here in like 45mins because im going to see a Washington Capitals/Tampa Bay Lightning game tonight. GOOOO CAPS!!!! then im going to see Monster Jam tomorrow night @ the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Stadium should be a blast. will let you know monday when i get back how it was

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »
Going to it next Saturday at the Georgia dome, first time and its gonna be awesome! Any advice on bring ear plugs or not? and what to expect?
If it indoors, it will be excruciatingly loud.  I would definitely take earplugs if I were you.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 07:11:44 PM »
Thats awesome Raptor yea i live in Fort Walton Beach/Destin Fl and im driving down to Tampa here in like 45mins because im going to see a Washington Capitals/Tampa Bay Lightning game tonight. GOOOO CAPS!!!! then im going to see Monster Jam tomorrow night @ the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Stadium should be a blast. will let you know monday when i get back how it was
Thank you mate, have an awesome time!

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
If it indoors, it will be excruciatingly loud.  I would definitely take earplugs if I were you.
Already got some, hearing is already bad cause of my ipod, was listening to some techno and my friend slid the volume all the way up and the bass busted my ears  :lol

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »
wow what an amazing weekend. Didnt know the body can absorb that much alcohol lmao. My Caps won 5-2 in the hockey game and the monster trucks were pretty damn cool. My only advice to you Raptor is that you leave a little early to get to the show. I left an 1.5 hours before the show and still missed the 1st half of the show due to no parking. but overall it was a fantastic time even tho it rained the whole time during the show. Have fun my friend, also if you are bringing little ones i at least bring them some earplugs can get a little loud.

Offline mcboi

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 10:12:26 AM »
Earplugs are recommended for any event like this, indoors or out.  Concerts, too.

They cost pennies, weigh nothing and is is better to have and not need them than the other way around.

I'm not an  :old:, either.  I like to retain my hearing so I can enjoy the subtleties of music for as long as I can.  I even wear plugs when I play my drums (or noise canceling headphones)

I like it just as loud as Eddie Van Halen.  "Loud enough to makes the hair on my arms move"

:rock

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »
Earplugs are recommended for any event like this, indoors or out.  Concerts, too.

They cost pennies, weigh nothing and is is better to have and not need them than the other way around.

I'm not an  :old:, either.  I like to retain my hearing so I can enjoy the subtleties of music for as long as I can.  I even wear plugs when I play my drums (or noise canceling headphones)

I like it just as loud as Eddie Van Halen.  "Loud enough to makes the hair on my arms move"

:rock

I hear you, I got some today I'll be sure to wear them