Author Topic: Zeke skins and gunsight  (Read 639 times)

Offline vafiii

• Copper Member
Zeke skins and gunsight
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »
With the redesigned A6M5 I can't use custom skins or gunsights. Is there a reason for this? Also, the pilot sits "off center", can this be corrected without losing the gun sight?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Zeke skins and gunsight
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »
Gunsight issue is a bug.

No plane when remodeled is able to use its old custom skins.  New skins will eventually show up for it though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »
Having the same problem, all of my gunsights show up as a white square.
Strokes

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »
I received a system message from the autodownloader, saying something to the effect that the Zeke skins it was trying to download were corrupt, after logging in to fly the patch for the first time.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
When a plane is remodeled it gets a new skin bitmap, the old ones are incompatible. None of the old skins will work on the new Zeke model.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 03:39:49 PM »
When a plane is remodeled it gets a new skin bitmap, the old ones are incompatible. None of the old skins will work on the new Zeke model.
And he is stating the autodownloader gave him that error which means the server is trying to download a corrupt skin. :ahand

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 03:46:51 PM »
There is no way the autoupdater would try to install an A6M5B skin.  They do not exist in that system.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »
The width of the Type 98 Optical Gunsight in the new A6m5b is correct. Aprox 95mm. The design was taken from a Revi3C. Make your custom gunsights for the Type 98 with a 90mil outer ring size. You may want to raise your cockpit center view up a smidge. One of the simplest Type 98 graticules to do is a 90mil outer ring. 50mil inner ring. With a bisecting cross hairs. Many of the other japanese graticule get very cluttered and busy unless you go to full zoom.

How to use mil in making gunsights.

512x512 black bitmap (2pixels = 1mil).
Use an elipse tool and your 90mil ring start point is 166, 166.
Yellow and orange show up better in the game.
Include a xxxxx.mil file with your xxxxx.bmp file. 
Place 256 in the mil file.
Your 90mil ring will size properly.

To keep your lines from being buzy and cluttered. Keep them to a minimum of 2pixels. Using a blur is not really necessary because it will increase the width of your lines which will again make them look busy and cluttered in the game. The "GO Boom" end results are more important than how your finger nails looked getting there....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.