Author Topic: Terrain change question  (Read 605 times)

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
Terrain change question
« on: February 28, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »
I am sure it's been asked before, I just failed to see it.   When a map reset takes place, and your unable to land anywhere, how is it scored???  Ditch, never happened, or something else???

Thanks  :salute

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Terrain change question
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
From what I recall, if you keep flying around once the arena kicks you it doesn't count to perk loss or score.
Strokes

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »
Never happened.

Just like when the arenas change twice a day.

You get no score.

You get no perks.

You lose no perks.

...As long as you don't die before the boot.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
Never happened.

Just like when the arenas change twice a day.

You get no score.

You get no perks.

You lose no perks.

...As long as you don't die before the boot.

wrongway

I believe that if you're still flying around when teh arena resets, it counts as a successful landing.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »
This brings up the question, Why do the fields revert to the original owner and yet not give you enough time to either capture it again or land?  :headscratch: 

This has long been a whine of mine.  I have helped to reset a map or two, back when Rooks worked together to reset the maps.  It is rather bitter sweet to bring troops into the last enemy town needed to win the war.   You are a big fat target sitting right in the middle of the town when ack pops up and starts shooting at you.  All of them!!  You have no more troops and maybe you were able to kill an attacker or two.  Would look nice in lights or maybe my score could use the lift.  But nooooo.......  I am destined to either fireball or, I am fortunate find a nice building to hide behind for the next 4 minutes and do this  :bhead

Okay, you want the field set back to its original condition...... why not increase the reset time to 10 minutes?  That is enough time to possibly allow a recapture and landing or at least time enough for the attackers not too damaged by the instant ack with enough fuel to rtb somewhere and land.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »
I believe that if you're still flying around when teh arena resets, it counts as a successful landing.

As said before, the sortie just never happened in terms of score & perks
(only killstats are retained)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »
Thanks all, that was how I thought it went down, but just not 100% on it.   Chilli, I would have loved to have 10 minutes, but even with that, I'm not sure I would have had the gas to make it :)   I was in middle of nowhere, and upped from knight field before the reset, bish ( I think)  were trying to roll it, I was only defender, got a few, bingo ammo, and nowhere to go when message came up "terrain will reset in 4 minutes"  so I just flew around lol!! avoiding a 110.

Was fun for my first time back in a LONG time ;)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 03:39:18 AM »
What I don't understand is why it's necessary for all the bases to change ownership when the map is won. Why not just leave everything the way it was until everyone is booted? And if you can't land because all friendly fields are now 12 sectors away, what's the point of having the 10 minutes - why not just close the arena and boot everyone the moment the war is won?

It's only one sortie, but it's still pretty annoying, especially if you aren't on the side that wins the war.