Author Topic: Internet Explorer 9  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Re: Internet Explorer 9
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »
IE9 Working great for me!!!
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 01:03:37 AM »
IE9 is alot better than 8 but i still prefer chrome. Firefox is not my thing anymore although it too is faster than prev generation.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »
Until ActiveX goes away, I'm not going near anything labeled "Internet Explorer."
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 06:50:47 AM »
I started using chrome when a few sites I go to would not work on ie8.  But then chrome doesn't let me directly control security and cache behavior like ie does, so I have doubts about security.  I went to my bank web site once, and didn't tell chrome to store the username/passsword, and the next time I went to the bank site chrome had not only cached several https pages with account info, it also stored the username password.

So I use chrome for most general web use but for online banking and other stuff where security is important (AND I have some trust in the company running the website), I use ie, because I can tell ie to flush the cache on shutdown, can tell ie to never cache secure pages, and ie hasn't stored all of my account login info for pre-fill typeahead "assistance".  Chrome let me down hugely the one time I used it for bank access, so I don't use it for anything important anymore.

I haven't tried ie9 but as usual I'll probably simply decline to "upgrade" ie for a while until the bugs are worked out or until it becomes the default browser for new installs.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 12:08:22 PM »
It's not bad, but I had to turn the menu bar back on. I like having my Address Bar and File/Edit/Etc. menus handy without clicking on another option first too much.

Kinda mute since you've likely got it set up the way you want it by now, but the "Alt" key on your keyboard toggles the menus at the top of the browser windows when it's hidden.  Kinda related to how the keyboard shortcut for say "File" is Alt+F.

Thinking about upgrading to FF4 but I don't want to loose some addons I have at home for FF3 and in the past there have been backwards compatability issues with those.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »
Does anyone know how to disable the little popup in the lower left corner that tells the URL of the website when you mouse is on a link?
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 06:14:47 PM »
Kinda mute since you've likely got it set up the way you want it by now, but the "Alt" key on your keyboard toggles the menus at the top of the browser windows when it's hidden.  Kinda related to how the keyboard shortcut for say "File" is Alt+F.

Thinking about upgrading to FF4 but I don't want to loose some addons I have at home for FF3 and in the past there have been backwards compatability issues with those.

Havent upgraded to 4 yet. but does it give you the option of having your tabs below the toolbar? I'd much rather have them there then on top. Just seems to make more sense
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2011, 10:53:12 AM »
Havent upgraded to 4 yet. but does it give you the option of having your tabs below the toolbar? I'd much rather have them there then on top. Just seems to make more sense

Yes ... go to "options" and check/un-check "tabs on top"
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."