Author Topic: new idea for reset  (Read 280 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
new idea for reset
« on: April 04, 2011, 01:21:15 AM »
reset all town/bases to be fully up when arena resets either the off hours arena or back to daylight arenas.

that will stop the vsquads from taking advantage of everybody else logging off to move to the new arenas while they prep for the next day.  come on Hitech this is not what you had in mind.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: new idea for reset
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:26:02 AM »
Good intentions Semp, but I think they must have reasons for current settings. 

I am curious though about when they choose to reset.  I have heard requests for the new arena opening, without shutting down off hours arena.  Although the arguments for not doing that seem reasonable, I would like to see them at least give it a try.  Shutting down an arena, signals to some time to log off period.

Someone, once came up with an idea to dish out perk points for those who chose the less populated late war arena.   Maybe try the ole night club strategy, one free perked ride for the first 100 players to join.  :bolt:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 01:51:43 PM »
Good intentions Semp, but I think they must have reasons for current settings. 

I am curious though about when they choose to reset.  I have heard requests for the new arena opening, without shutting down off hours arena.  Although the arguments for not doing that seem reasonable, I would like to see them at least give it a try.  Shutting down an arena, signals to some time to log off period.

Someone, once came up with an idea to dish out perk points for those who chose the less populated late war arena.   Maybe try the ole night club strategy, one free perked ride for the first 100 players to join.  :bolt:

but that would only help the guys who mostly score pad late at night.  I was last night bored out of my mind so I started doing mossie runs with the cookie to towns that hadnet been touched.  by the time any upper took off i had already dropped and long gone.  I dont think this behavior should get more perk points just because i am in the empty arena.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:07:10 AM »
The perk point thing, is a one time bonus.  Say you have to be one of the first 100 to log into the new arena, and must play at least xx:xx amount of time to collect the bonus.  I know that I would want to be in that first 100.  Those with mega points, wouldn't profit from anything other than an arena full of easy targets like me, trying to fill up their B29 perk points.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:13:56 AM »
reset all town/bases to be fully up when arena resets either the off hours arena or back to daylight arenas.

that will stop the vsquads from taking advantage of everybody else logging off to move to the new arenas while they prep for the next day.  come on Hitech this is not what you had in mind.

semp

And of course make all towns & object indestructable in the new arena that opened up until 5 minutes after the earlier arena finally shut down, to prevent players taking advantage of those who are still RTb'ing in the old arena

(I hope some will detect my point behind that irony ;) )
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:23:54 AM »
And of course make all towns & object indestructable in the new arena that opened up until 5 minutes after the earlier arena finally shut down, to prevent players taking advantage of those who are still RTb'ing in the old arena

(I hope some will detect my point behind that irony ;) )

:noid

:rofl

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.