Author Topic: The most extreme joystick ever!  (Read 504 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
The most extreme joystick ever!
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
I have been working on a flight simulator for this game for a while now and so far I have the "sim-pit" built and I am working on the motion platform, I recetly stubled across a curios peice of equipment that would cut out about a month of work for me if I can get it working.  It's called DuoPanel, and here are some of it's capabilities; 8 analog inputs, 32 rottory encoder inputs, 32 togle switces, 64 push button switches, and 64 LED drive (those of you who are tech savey will notice the trend).  I was wondering if A: there is a way in the game to modify fuel mixture, B: the left and right wheel brakes can be controled via rotory encoder, and I can't remember the third question right now, it'll come back to me.  The link is here (it had to be translated for me so if is still not in english try using google translate): http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rvdijk.nl%2Fpcb.htm

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: The most extreme joystick ever!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »
I believe someone else here built or posted another sim pit build using the DuoPanel, try searching the forums.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »
If there is I was unable to find it, i search Duo, DuoPannel,Duo Pannel, and Joystick nothing.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »
search "sim pit" and go through some of the most recent ones.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »
how recent? I found a post going back to 2004

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 03:27:29 PM »
Don't think you can do much more in game than control the RPM and manifold pressure. I guess by doing those you can control the fuel mix but you may be looking for more than that. Why not just buy a HOTAS setup and then setup your seat area the way you want to. Buying all those pieces and parts and then cobbling something together certainly costs more time wise than a multiple function HOTAS does. I know I have worked out the costs before when I built a few.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 04:12:51 PM »
I don't care much about time, I've got too much of it to kill anyway.  Besides I'm an electronics nerd I enjoy pittling with the little peices.  It gives me a satisfied feeling once it all comes together and works the way it's supposed to.