Author Topic: Foo Fighters new album "Wasting Light"  (Read 331 times)

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
Foo Fighters new album "Wasting Light"
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
it's comming out next tuesday, already pre-ordered it.

it's a flippin great record from my favorite band. and (i never thought this was possible) this song could be BETTER than Everlong:

http://soundcloud.com/foofighters/dear-rosemary
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Foo Fighters new album "Wasting Light"
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 12:38:50 AM »
Been a big fan of Dave Grohl since he was nice to me backstage at the '92 Reading Festival. I'd just had my arm broken in the mosh pit (was 14) during L7's set and he happened to walk past the backstage medical area and see me, caked in mud, just the N and I of my Rock potatos shirt visible. He stopped, asked if I was OK, to which I replied that I wasn't cos I was missing Teenage Fanclub. He laughed, asked if I was enjoying the mud and handed me the sticks he was carrying.

God, that was 19 years ago. I feel old as shoes now.

Of course, no one ever believes these beat to hell drum sticks I have treasured for 2 decades were once part of Nirvana.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 07:25:10 AM »
Been a big fan of Dave Grohl since he was nice to me backstage at the '92 Reading Festival. I'd just had my arm broken in the mosh pit (was 14) during L7's set and he happened to walk past the backstage medical area and see me, caked in mud, just the N and I of my Rock potatos shirt visible. He stopped, asked if I was OK, to which I replied that I wasn't cos I was missing Teenage Fanclub. He laughed, asked if I was enjoying the mud and handed me the sticks he was carrying.

Of course, no one ever believes these beat to hell drum sticks I have treasured for 2 decades were once part of Nirvana.

wow, that's a cool story!
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 07:07:16 PM »
"rope" and "dear rosemary" are good  :aok
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 07:21:50 PM »

Well if you would watch pawn stars more often on the history channel you would notice they always ask the person trying to pawn some item that belong to some rock star if they have a certificate of authenticity.  If you don't have one it would be real tough selling it down the road.  Not sure how you would go about getting one without Dave Grohl confirming your story..  They could be worth a lot of money, especially if he was still in Nirvana at the time.

:cool:

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:26:31 PM by soda72 »

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 11:28:19 PM »
I got the CD upon release.  It's excellent, through and through!

The mix and production has to be one of the best I've heard in a very long time, and nearly all of the songs have great hooks.

There was a really cool special, I think on VH1, that talked about the band, their past and present, and the making of the album.  Lots of really good footage in it.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 12:08:02 AM »
Dave Grohl is what made Nirvana bearable.  Great all around musician.  Very talented player.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 04:30:54 AM »
I wasn't cos I was missing Teenage Fanclub.

I never miss a chance to see those guys, truly great band :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli