Author Topic: custom arena set up questions  (Read 750 times)

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
custom arena set up questions
« on: July 29, 2011, 01:07:39 AM »
im trying to set up custom arenas but theres some things i cant figure out.

1)how to set the time to night.and how to make it darker

2)enable/disable planes/gvs

3)enable/disable fields

4)how to put an arena message
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: custom arena set up questions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 02:44:26 AM »
:O NIGHT ARENA! me LIKE!!!

I'm not online though. Sorry!

:bhead

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:04:16 AM »
im trying to set up custom arenas but theres some things i cant figure out.

1)how to set the time to night.and how to make it darker

2)enable/disable planes/gvs

3)enable/disable fields

4)how to put an arena message

1) I'm guessing you can get to the arena settings>adjust time...  set it to 05:30 for night. To change colors, go to the colors tab in the arena settings section. I've played with them and think I came up with some nice realistic-looking sunrise/sunset/midnight/daytime colors.  Set the time multiplier to 100 to make it quicker to check out the transitions.

2) Type in .dplane 0 0 to disable everything everywhere ( .eplane 0 0 enables everything everywhere), or do it one by one by using #3 below.

3) Go to the fields setup and select a field, then select each plane/gv you want and enable/disable for that field

4) Create a .txt file (like thunderpocket.txt) with the message you want and save in your AcesHigh\MOTD folder. Then in the CM Tools section, select MOTD and type in the filename (just thunderpocket with no .txt extension), then upload.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:06:22 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 03:16:58 PM »
1) I'm guessing you can get to the arena settings>adjust time...  set it to 05:30 for night. To change colors, go to the colors tab in the arena settings section. I've played with them and think I came up with some nice realistic-looking sunrise/sunset/midnight/daytime colors.  Set the time multiplier to 100 to make it quicker to check out the transitions.

2) Type in .dplane 0 0 to disable everything everywhere ( .eplane 0 0 enables everything everywhere), or do it one by one by using #3 below.

3) Go to the fields setup and select a field, then select each plane/gv you want and enable/disable for that field

4) Create a .txt file (like thunderpocket.txt) with the message you want and save in your AcesHigh\MOTD folder. Then in the CM Tools section, select MOTD and type in the filename (just thunderpocket with no .txt extension), then upload.

TY!! :)
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac