Author Topic: TA wish  (Read 1153 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: TA wish
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 01:03:40 PM »
You can get all the practice you want without this feature. simply, don't use aileron. You can use rudder to bank left to right. One time in the landing pattern, my instructor had me fly the entire pattern with throttle and rudder only. The same can be simulated here.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »
B4 for some cases you can just not use that... But you always run the risk of cross-inputting controls (hard to ONLY use elevator, not aileron) and some cases you cannot do this, like missing a wingtip.

Most bombers will not fly missing a wingtip. I'm not sure if it's right because when lightly loaded or after bombs drop you would think it has enough lift to spare. The only one I did was a B-25H where a wirble got my wingtip. I was oriented such and had just enough speed that I could nose up, full rudder, level just enough to pop flaps and gear and land right there. It was a rare moment as I've never been able to repeat it. I taxied in to land safely.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 02:43:39 PM »
I've tried to stay on an even keel with half a wing in many different planes. The only one that I came even CLOSE to landing was the C-47.

As for the second thing, you could just shut down the two right engines-- I have done this on multiple occasions.

PS. A B-29 with 20x500lbs and 25% will not fly on two engines. :(

I believe the OP wants the ability to be able to enable structural damage as well, in order to see how that particular
plane will behave.  I just used engines out as an example. 

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
B4 for some cases you can just not use that... But you always run the risk of cross-inputting controls (hard to ONLY use elevator, not aileron) and some cases you cannot do this, like missing a wingtip.

Most bombers will not fly missing a wingtip. I'm not sure if it's right because when lightly loaded or after bombs drop you would think it has enough lift to spare. The only one I did was a B-25H where a wirble got my wingtip. I was oriented such and had just enough speed that I could nose up, full rudder, level just enough to pop flaps and gear and land right there. It was a rare moment as I've never been able to repeat it. I taxied in to land safely.

You're very right about the wingtips. That can't be simulated without actually losing a part of the wing. I was referring specifically to the ailerons. I'm definitely not against this wish. Olds should just know that with a bit of discipline, you can simulate some of these situations.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline atom360

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 05:18:19 PM »
I have to go with cutlas on this one im not very good at battleing and i NEED to know my damg +5 :salute
                                                                                                 (lol)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »
umm bump?
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »
umm bump?

Really?  Bump?  Just cuz everybody's outta town for the 4th of July holiday and/or don't care about the thread anymore?   :lol
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals