Author Topic: ME Pin To Start Menu  (Read 1176 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
ME Pin To Start Menu
« on: September 03, 2011, 02:31:46 PM »
For some reason I cannot pin a short cut in the Start menu for this program.  It worked fine in the last version.  All I can do at the moment is to
create a desktop short cut, which works, but I'm kinda' not wanting any desktop icons at all.  
Here's what happens when I right click on the ME and choose to pin to start menu.  It places an Icon in the start menu, but when I click on it the
editor crashes.

Thanks for any help...
 :headscratch: Coogan
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:33:21 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Re: ME Pin To Start Menu
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:26:22 AM »
You might check the properties of the Start Up menu item.  The ME has to run out of the installation directory to get to all the game data.  So your menu item should be a shortcut to, or point to the exe.  This sounds like a Vista or Win7 thing.

- sudz

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: ME Pin To Start Menu
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »
You might check the properties of the Start Up menu item.  The ME has to run out of the installation directory to get to all the game data.  So your menu item should be a shortcut to, or point to the exe.  This sounds like a Vista or Win7 thing.

- sudz

I'm using Vista, so no doubt that would have something to do with it.  I did find a work around for it.  I went to C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High and added 'ahedmiss' to quick lanch.  From quick launch I pinned
'ahedmiss' to the Start Menu.  Then went back and unchecked 'Show Quick Launch'.  Now I can run the ME from the Start Menu, while keeping the desktop free of any short cuts or having the quick launch
being displayed.

Thanks for the feedback sudz.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear