Author Topic: A Short Look Back  (Read 1742 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: A Short Look Back
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 10:21:18 PM »

just wish i could have gotten into FSO just 1 time. the squad i was with never let me in because i didnt have that accursed mic. :furious

Oh man, that sucks. We don't do FSO anymore but we may pick it back up. If we do and u see me on Friday, shoot me a PM and u can fly with us.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 10:40:31 PM »
^ Flying with the Muppets in FSO is an experience in itself.  :)

If you're into the historical/role playing side of things, the special events are definitely worth a shot. Love it or hate it, it's a big change of pace from the MAs. I think everyone should at least fly one frame in an event. It can make the MA pale in comparison.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 11:17:18 PM »
Oh man, that sucks. We don't do FSO anymore but we may pick it back up. If we do and u see me on Friday, shoot me a PM and u can fly with us.
i dont think ill be on in another 4 or so months. i havent been on in about 3 and its not looking good from my position because my mom wont let me get a job until the first report cards come out in late december, and by then, i dont think ill have any money until the 25th so i can actually play again.

^ Flying with the Muppets in FSO is an experience in itself.  :)

If you're into the historical/role playing side of things, the special events are definitely worth a shot. Love it or hate it, it's a big change of pace from the MAs. I think everyone should at least fly one frame in an event. It can make the MA pale in comparison.
and with only snapshots that come close, that  just makes me jealous :lol 

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 04:42:19 AM »
Not sure why I am writing this... but here goes anyway.

I started playing AH back in March of 2009...

Newb  :D
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline streek

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 07:56:46 AM »
 :salute
Streek

CO VMF-312 Checkerboards

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »
One of the best posts I've seen on here in a while.  :aok

:salute
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline mesen256

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 09:33:30 PM »
Hang on a sec....you aren't whining? You aren't complaining about how others play? Your not trying to preach and force your way of flying down everyone's throats?!

:huh :huh :huh

BLASPHEMY!!!

:lol :lol :lol

I :salute you!
The rules are simple:  Don't be a dick.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 09:46:55 AM »
2-1/2 years..........ROOKIE!!!!!!!!  just joking, your perspective of the game is most excellent! 999000 <S>

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 01:58:32 PM »
I only read half way before I read the rest of it... :P

Good post.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »
Well said and great perspective of the game AKP.

:salute brother

SWkiljoy
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 05:49:53 PM »
Not sure why I am writing this... but here goes anyway.

I started playing AH back in March of 2009... not that long I guess when you look at how long some of the members of the community have been here... but for me, that's a good bit of time.  I found my way to AH after I picked up a cheesy little game at Target called "Air Conflicts"... one of those $4.99 games you see in the discount section.  So I brought it home, and installed it.  Not a bad looking game at all... nice graphics... and it had a multiplayer LAN mode, so I put it on my son's PC and off we went killing each other.

It wasn't long though.. that we discovered that the planes were pretty much modeled the same... and we ended up in an endless spiral... with unlimited ammo and fuel... trying to get behind the other one... until one of us would just auger to end it.  So I started looking for something better... and I stumbled across Aces High.

I was immediately hooked... and at the same time overwhelmed.  My son and I both started playing with our 2 week free trials, and although he eventually went back to PS3 and his Call of Duty and Modern Warfare games... I stuck with it. 

Over the last 2 1/2 years... I have made some really great friends here.  I have also learned more about WW2 aircraft (something that I have been interested in since I was a little kid), than I ever had before. 

I think I started out the way a lot of new players do.  Flying goons and bombers... running M3's, and getting the feel for the game.  Bombers eventually got old though, and I moved on to fighters.  I still die more often than I land... but every moment I spend playing I  enjoy. 

I "lived" in Mid War for a long time... because the numbers in Late War seemed so overwhelming.  But now that I made the switch, I cant see why I ever felt that way.  Hehe... I still fly my FM2 and B25H in LW most of the time... and sometimes shock an occasional Spit16 or Pony driver when I send them to the tower.

I dont even tune 200, and I dont whine about being HO'd, picked, vulched, or camped.  I figure if it happens... so be it, I will just reup and come back out.  Although I do have to say that my only real pet peeve is if I am dogfighting over tank town... (not messing with the tanks mind you)  and someone ups a wirble and starts popping fighters.  But hey... if thats fun for them, so be it.

I learned not to care about score... or if I land 1 kill, 3 kills, or no kills.  You get out of it, what you put into it.  And if what you put into it is fun... then its fun you will have.

Anyway... Not long after joining my first squad, I got into FSO... and I have to say that FSO has become the highlight of my Aces High week.  I look forward to Friday evenings with my squadmates... and my friends and family now know not to bother me between the hours of 11pm and 1am eastern... "I have a mission." 

I have seen update after update, patch after patch, new planes, tanks, and maps.  And while it may take a little getting used to some new feature (or an old one that has been changed) I think that overall this "game" keeps getting better and better.

So hats off to the HTC team for giving us a really cool yard to play in, and a huge salute to all of you... the members of the AH community for making to so much fun, and worth the time spent doing it.

Here is to many more years of cartoon combat in the virtual skies.   :salute
nice post
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
Nice Post  :cheers:

Very similar story here.

<S> HTC  :salute

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC