Author Topic: 262's Crashing AH.exe  (Read 574 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
262's Crashing AH.exe
« on: August 23, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »
Tonight 2 of us, NAVY and myself (*And someone along side us in a 234) were victims of the "AH.exe has stopped working" "Checking for solution".

This isn't the first time it happened, however it is the first time I've been muted for 10mins for expressing my frustration on channel200 over the Killjoy.

SO, while I wait to check6's and chat again;

Any chance for an investigation into the games 262 coding to see if there's a problem somewhere.

It doesn't seem machine specific either. I have my net status up at all times when I fly jets, and I never have any spikes at any point during flight as reason for the crash or disco.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: 262's Crashing AH.exe
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »
Using custom sounds? Maybe some combination of jet sound and some environment sound? Do you remember exactly what was happening at the time? Can you recreate it offline?

If you can't recreate it offline, you can try creating a custom arena online (or ask someone to - I can put one up if you wish) and invite some friends to come play with free jets to see if you can recreate it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:31:39 PM »
Using custom sounds? Maybe some combination of jet sound and some environment sound? Do you remember exactly what was happening at the time? Can you recreate it offline?

If you can't recreate it offline, you can try creating a custom arena online (or ask someone to - I can put one up if you wish) and invite some friends to come play with free jets to see if you can recreate it.

why is the first thing everyone asks is "are you running custom sounds"
its kind of an insult to us sound makers i`ll have you know i test my sounds myself and i have trusted testers with a wide variety of machines high and low quality b4 i release them
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »
Wasn't meant as an insult you guys - don't take it so personally. Some guys might be running old soundpacks or one with a flaky file which may crash the game when that sound is played.

It's a valid question. Could just as well be a skin or gunsight for that matter.  It's always best to figure out what was last changed before the crashes started...or even get rid of any added content and run a stock default game setup as a benchmark.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 12:56:02 PM »
its kind of an insult to us sound makers i`ll have you know i test my sounds myself and i have trusted testers with a wide variety of machines high and low quality b4 i release them

Custom sounds sometimes means more stress than normal on a machine than not custom sounds.

Me personally, I get booted from non-custom sounds occasionally. I get booted from lots of tracers occasionally.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 05:07:15 AM »
I upped a 262 today flew for about 1/2 hr had no problems.  must be on some systems only.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 01:47:58 PM »
I upped a 262 today flew for about 1/2 hr had no problems.  must be on some systems only.

semp

Got killed by a 262 yesterday, I sure wish he crashed when he tried to take-off.
Most likely a Tech support issue and not a bug otherwise you wouldn't see any 262's in-flight.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 08:38:59 PM »
Only 1 disco in each of the last two tours.  You'll never guess what plane I was in both times.  :bhead
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »
Several years ago I would CTD when driving GV's on a regular basis.  Never had a problem with planes but with GV's it was a pretty safe bet that any time I was in an M16 or an M3  I would get a CTD.  I eventually figured out that it happened during certain track sounds or if I shut off my engine there was a really good chance it would happen then as well.  Keep in mind this was way back before I had even discovered that custom sounds existed!

Anyway I eventually figured out that it only happened when I used my USB headphones.  If I used the on board sound (with the speakers) it would not occur.  After hours and hours of trying this, downloading that I found out that the website for my headset was giving me the incorrect drivers.  They were the LTB brand, one of the first generation of surround headphones and apparently they made two different versions of the same headset.  Both looked identical from the outside and shared the same model number but there was a hardware change at some point that their website did a very poor job of explaining.

When I went to download the drivers their website was giving me the ones for the updated hardware version which did install and did work but apparently had some quirkiness with them.  I eventually found the correct drivers hidden on their FTP site.  To be honest to this day I really don't know how I found them but I did!  Once I had the correct drivers installed I never had a problem!

Just goes to show that even though it may seem to be as such the problem isn't necessarily with Aces High itself.  Granted I rarely fly the 262 but I've never had a crash while flying one (although I did lose connection about ten seconds after landing one once!)... ok you got me.. I've had plenty of crashes with them by auguring them into the ground but that's a different kind of crash altogether!!!

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »

There was a case a long while ago (seems like years) wherein one custom sound file was causing game crashes. Until that one file was eventually replaced in its pack, Skuzzy et al would ask if people were using custom sounds and, if so, if it was that sound pack. Since then, it's stuck to the people who try to provide 3rd party help here.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.