Author Topic: 8" Turrets & Bombardment Techniques  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: 8" Turrets & Bombardment Techniques
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
Keep the "new" ides coming.  Folks are unusually harsh around here it seems.  I see a lot of "stupid idea from a stupid person" responses instead of "have you thought of X" responses mostly coming from a few regular players. 

Personally I think HTC should ping people who poo poo on people instead of ideas in the Wishlist forum.  Perhaps that's a good wishlist item :)

Oh you poo you.  ;)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 11:05:33 AM »
I have long thought the idea of giving a couple birds the ability to 'ground control' the 8" would be awesome. Imagine a TBM turning circles at 10k, adjusting fire on town and field, all the while a division of Hellcats are trying to keep the bad guys away. It would add a dimension to the game that would incentive squad activity, which in turn would build a better culture in AH.

But of course Grapevine, Texas doesn't much care for our input...sigh

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 11:29:25 AM »
I have long thought the idea of giving a couple birds the ability to 'ground control' the 8" would be awesome. Imagine a TBM turning circles at 10k, adjusting fire on town and field, all the while a division of Hellcats are trying to keep the bad guys away. It would add a dimension to the game that would incentive squad activity, which in turn would build a better culture in AH.

But of course Grapevine, Texas doesn't much care for our input...sigh

boo

I never much understood or appreciated requests followed up with a 'not like the potential grantor cares' attitude. Sometimes a wish just doesn't make the cut. Maybe the developer's plate is full with a dozen other wishes taken into consideration. Maybe the wish can't be implemented as easily as the wisher imagined. But pooing the developer as a method of feeling sorry for youself puncuation doesn't seem like a practical method.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 01:17:55 PM »
I agree bustr, as I AM one of those newer players often posting wishes which have already been reviewed. BUT, i also have been a part of, adding new elements to the game which seem to be accepted. The wingman autopilot feature for one.  :salute   But I don't think the community would want newer players to stop suggesting improvments. Us new players simply need the experienced players to review why an idea would not be supported, and more often, why an idea could be a negative. 

I can't remember who said it, but ideas have to be looked at from both perspectives, positive impact, and potential drawback. Us noobs rarely understand the potential drawbacks of our ideas...

That's why we have great ol' sticks in the game, to keep us bright eyed kids in check!  :old:

I've had one wish granted in 12 years that I know of but, that was a direct answer from HiTech inside of the post I put up. And it was very simplistic in nature. I suspect an over sight he had forgotten to get around to from years earlier. And he was probably in a realllllyyyyyyy good mood that day.

Getting more than a single wish granted may is like lightning striking the same place twice. I doubt it means HiTech has suddenly fallen in love with your cleverness and is waiting with abated breath for your next eructation of genius. I'm not even sure he can even read everything in these forums.  Complexity is it's own downfall and the mental crack addiction everyone has for their own uniquely special idea. While always self convinced that it has never been seen before outside of the genius of their own mind. Which is often the root of why 99% never really think it completely through before posting it. And are mortally wounded when it's quickly taken apart by the community.

Congratulations on getting something unique added to the game. That in itself validates 99% of the wishes posted here are repeats of repeats or just bad ideas. You came up with a workable 1%. Many never have.

We don't own this enterprise, HiTech has no requirement to listen to us at all, and most of our ideas are really bad. If HiTech wants to keep meeting his payroll and keep his doors open.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
But pooing the developer as a method of feeling sorry for youself puncuation doesn't seem like a practical method.

Now look who's pooing...  English isn't your first language is it?  :bolt:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »
works great as is if you really know how to do it.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 04:14:27 PM »
Now look who's pooing...  English isn't your first language is it?  :bolt:

Feel free to insert ' ' around 'feeling sorry for yourself puncuation.' Seems some can't take the period out of their period. Pardon my American.  :D

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 04:58:08 PM »
Feel free to insert ' ' around 'feeling sorry for yourself puncuation.' Seems some can't take the period out of their period. Pardon my American.  :D

:devil

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 01:48:28 AM »
I have long thought the idea of giving a couple birds the ability to 'ground control' the 8" would be awesome. Imagine a TBM turning circles at 10k, adjusting fire on town and field, all the while a division of Hellcats are trying to keep the bad guys away.

Give this man a beer!  :old:
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 09:54:56 AM »
... We don't own this enterprise, HiTech has no requirement to listen to us at all, and most of our ideas are really bad. ...

Agreed Bustr! I may have to retire fromwish-listing, as I popped my cherry too soon!  :devil 

Either way I'll still try to think of ways to improve the game from my experience, especially if it grows the player base or makes the learning curve of the game mechanics shorter for new players.

I do like the spotter idea mentioned, could be interesting. Must have gunner in 8" who is wingman latched to the spotter plane, spotter plane then uses bombsight or gunner to mark firing positions. Could be a bit frivolous, as we are usually so close to land that range vox should call out where rounds are dropping.

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 10:07:08 AM »
I have actually tried to spot for gunners and it's hard.

It's hard to tell who fired when all 3 8" ers are firing. It's hard to judge distances missed by because it's a cartoon world (how far is 100 yards on a base?) and it's hard to communicate when range is hosed with "play by play" dialog.