Author Topic: v93 yesterday  (Read 614 times)

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
v93 yesterday
« on: October 10, 2011, 01:05:01 AM »
moin

i just want to say thank you for the best tank fight i have in the last time.
my dad and i started 2 kingtigers to v93 to do a small sunnday attack on v93.
we started a long distance fight from the hil right hand and get a few kills, we started to fire at the fild also.
as the enemy numbers rised and thay start to flank us several times, andwe taken alot of hits we retred back to the spawn and resuply. by that retred we keep fireing. we also use smoke to pusch back :-). realy nice adition to the tigers i think.
afte relode we try a new pusch forword, this time to the right to a hilside position.
one of the enemy t34/85 keep me a hard time, he tried to snacke me all the time, i only survived because i keep moving to new positions all the time.
so he never knew in the wooden tarain were i em. but he hits me realy good, but i keeped the luck :-).
by one of that movements my dad lost his turret and by moving back to the spawn he get killed by a lucky shoot in his back :-(.
Because of that and the fact im geting alon on the wide fild i starte to move home, but were it is? it is somewere in the south far away and the enmy knew my position and knews i cant run away, so thay start chasing me.
my distanc rised k by k but a tiger, sherman, t34, panther keeps closing. im geting realy nervose.
but i have luck again, all but the sherman get killed by close airsuport.
the sherman stayed alive but it semed he lost my position and started scaning the area, i killed him at 3,2k with my third round :-).
after that i drived home to the radarcircle of v93 and landed save my 21kills. this fight was about 3 houers and i stayed alive. normaly its unbelivable.

i wrote this because i m happy to get this experince again and i want to show you that we can have realy nice tank fights beside v85 ;-). but to get fights like that we need to start the old stile of gv fights :spawn ant attack and not spawn and camp.   :old:

cu christian

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: v93 yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 01:29:48 AM »
Hurrah!

I must make an effort to get into a tank battle :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 06:26:40 AM »
Sounds like you had a lot of fun !  :aok
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 07:00:38 AM »
That was painful to read I'm not a grammar nazi but it seriously looked like a 6 y/o wrote it....then I realized he was German and this is his 2nd language lol  :lol

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 07:55:56 AM »
That was painful to read I'm not a grammar nazi but it seriously looked like a 6 y/o wrote it....then I realized he was German and this is his 2nd language lol  :lol
And he did quite well :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:22:14 AM »
Great post!  I hope the campers read this and remember what a gv battle is supposed to be like. Camping... isn't.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 08:23:51 AM »
I hope the campers read this and remember what a gv battle is supposed to be like. Camping... isn't.

blame the poor game design :(  

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 08:26:13 AM »
yesterday i was in a camp where one guy kept trying to up, a lot of gvs waiting on the spawn plus me who kept watching amused at how this one fellow could up and do some damage before getting shot from everywhere
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »
TII when nothing else will do. :aok

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »
 :salute to those who were killed by you and did not immediately up a heavy JABO and bomb you.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 05:40:32 PM »
moin

sorry for my bad spelling, i will do my best to get better :-).

hope we will have more fights like that in the future. sure thay uped jabos to get me but because of the large fight and i spoted the jabo early enough i took cover below a bridge and i did have luck :-). its kind of gameplay and it is ok, because if you knew what will happen its your choce what kind of step you going next.

maybe the mas jabo attacks on a few tanks will stop until we get a perked 8,8 flack unit on the fild, so every tank unit will have his own masive air devense :-)

cu christian

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 05:46:55 PM »
blame the poor game design :(  

I agree that the game design is mostly responsible for camping, because it makes it easy.  That doesn't excuse those players who engage in the practice and then call it fighting a tank battle.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 05:53:19 PM »
moin

i wouldn t say its poor game design. only a few spawn points a puted unlucky on the map, maybe for a few years it was a good try.

it would help if new maps and old maps will be re desined to that way that never two spawns will be put clous together it must be always a field between them.
the uterus map is the best example for best spawn creation. V85 at the map of yeasterday is the best exaple how spawns should be not created. or enlarge the distence.

cu christian