Author Topic: AxisScaling....  (Read 977 times)

Offline Alino66

• Zinc Member
AxisScaling....
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »
Are there any downloads for AxisScaling-DeadBand-Damping to put them into the settingsfolder?

greats to all
<S>

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: AxisScaling....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:08:11 PM »
Because sticks are different, even the same model can vary because of wear or dirty potentiometers,I think your best bet is to use the settings that work for you rather than trying to find a general setting that works for everybody. Add just enough deadband so the auto pilot stays on. Add only as much damping as you need to avoid getting the "don't move your stick too fast" message. Try the default scaling and if that works better for you than no scaling you can try tweaking it as you get experience with it.

Offline Alino66

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 11:46:24 AM »
Because sticks are different, even the same model can vary because of wear or dirty potentiometers,I think your best bet is to use the settings that work for you rather than trying to find a general setting that works for everybody. Add just enough deadband so the auto pilot stays on. Add only as much damping as you need to avoid getting the "don't move your stick too fast" message. Try the default scaling and if that works better for you than no scaling you can try tweaking it as you get experience with it.

Ok, so i will try and experience a little bit.
thank you  :aok
<S>

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
To start with you might scale rudder and pitch with default scaling. You don't need to scale roll. Leave damping off and deadband off unless you have problems that they solve.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 09:56:38 PM »

This or something similar to this is widely used. Some people put the 0 slider closer to 50% and then stair step it up while others start below. I've found the higher the 0% is placed the crisper the motion but as said, all sticks are different. Maybe you want more travel in your stick and if so you would start out 30% or lower.

The deadband stops immediate input from being sent and why most people turn it up a bit for twisty sticks (25 35%). Many have a problem with their rudder engaging accidentally while in a fight and adding deadband prevents that.

Damping slows input. If you have a bouncy nose and find it hard to line up a shot you would want to increase this just slightly up from the bottom.

Offline dtrip61

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 11:52:11 PM »
A neat way to check and make sure you have it tweaked is to film some of your in game shots.  Slow the film viewer down to 25 or 30% and watch your gunsight in relation to the target when you're lining up and taking the shot.  If your stick is bouncy you can't help but see it.  Also not a bad idea if you're looking to evaluate what went wrong or right with an engagement.

FWIW,

dtrip

Offline Alino66

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
I want to say THANK you very much for all the help.
Slowly i find my way to get everything work.

so, thank`s a lot to all for you help.
cya in AH
<S>

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
You can also use F3 mode and zoom such your view is just behind the plane so you can see the deflection of the control surfaces relative to your stick inputs.

Then adjust the scaling until you like the movement through each axis.