Author Topic: joystick issues,  (Read 344 times)

Offline FearDeth

• Zinc Member
joystick issues,
« on: October 31, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »
i have been flyin for about a month or so, never a problem with stick,,i recently replaced puter for a better one,, and now i;m having the same messgae pop up everytime i try and fly, "dont move your controls so rapidly" even when im using a small input, and when it says that in text it locks up my controls for 10 secs, i have tried scaling, (damping etc), i tried uninstalling game and reinstalling it,,still the same thing,, i cant seem to get rid of this isuue no matter what i do..i have a logitech 3d pro which was workin fine before,

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: joystick issues,
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:12:59 AM »
Go into the Options->Controls->Map Controllers panel and watch the numbers in parantheses next to the X and Y Axis in the list.  If the numbers are changing with you hands off of the joystick, then stick is spiking.

Now put your hand on the stick and hold it steady.  If the numbers are spiking worse, then the stick is the cause of the problem.  Logitech's generally do not last very long in use.  It seems after about 6 months they start the downhill slide and continue to get worse and worse.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:55:02 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Fud

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 10:37:15 AM »
I traded up to an X52 and everything works fine. I had a 3D pro and had the same issues of spiking and the stick stir message. Since I upgraded and connecting the X52 to a powered usb, I have not had problems of spiking.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline FearDeth

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:35:39 AM »
ya,, unfortunately they are all over the place, oh well time to retire it, well its good to know what the problem is, thnx for the help.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 02:59:35 PM »
ya,, unfortunately they are all over the place, oh well time to retire it, well its good to know what the problem is, thnx for the help.

Fear,if you do get another stick hang on to the old 1,you can use it ingame but just use the buttons. I took 1 of my old logitechs and removed the gimble so the stick wont move and I now have 12 extra buttons to program!  So hang on to those old sticks and take advantage of the fact that AH will allow several input devices to be used.

:salute

PS: I told you lastnight that it was time for a new stick,you could try to replace the potentiometers but good luck finding the proper ones.

Offline FearDeth

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 08:54:46 PM »
ya thnx morfeild, and thnx to all that took the time to try and help, i really do appreciate it, nice to know the community is cool ;)