Author Topic: I know but I've gotta ask anyway...  (Read 340 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
I know but I've gotta ask anyway...
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »
Earlier today I upped in the mighty Me-262. Had a great run, made a couple dog-fighting kills, 2 P-51Ds. Quite proud of this as I normally auger the Swallow. Anyway, I follow a potential third kill to an enemy field, spend some time trying to catch it out of the ack. Then another Me-262 ups! This is only getting better. I try and get a good pass on this slowly accelerating 262, dodging a 190 and La-7 trying to zoom into cannon range, and of course dealing field and town ack. After 5 or 6 passes no luck, the enemy Swallow now has speed and gives chase. I still have some alt advantage so I lead this angry bird away from his ack, and two fast moving buddies. I then make a slow 90 degree turn to the north, want to take this over the ocean and fight it out 1 v 1. All is going to plan when I get that patheric 'lost signal moving to TCP' message, or something like that. I'm sure on the other end I took off like a Saturn rocket, my end it seems to freeze in one direction then....I'm booted off.

When I log on, yes I've lost 250 perks. Is there any way I can have those perks restored? Unlike Bruv et al I do not have a fine collection of 10,000 perks. I need these perks to continue my body of work in augering 262s. Does Aces High keep a log of flyers getting booted for lost connections? Anything???

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: I know but I've gotta ask anyway...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 08:05:33 PM »
Bummer, but you know the answer.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:12:48 PM »
Normally yes but right before Christmas...

Actually, I know from Scenario logs they can see when someone 'discos.' I was wondering if this applies in the MA and if so, can this be used to verify I was dumped (as opposed to logged to avoid a death) and restore the perks.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:23:29 PM »
The disco means there was just an interruption of service, the game has no way of knowing (to my knowledge) of whether someone pulls out their internet cable or actually looses service.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:05:22 PM »
The disco means there was just an interruption of service, the game has no way of knowing (to my knowledge) of whether someone pulls out their internet cable or actually looses service.

exactly!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 01:27:17 AM »
I was the 262 that re-armed at that base and had the brass balls to re-up with 100% fuel with you above.   I was saying to Perv if I get up to 300 then I'll be fine.     But then again I have more to the tune of 30,000. 

I think after you pulled out of your 3 dives I finally had the speed to feel safe.   I broke off when I had a gut feeling you were heading out towards a CV and I have no love for auto puffy.   

Sucks to Disco.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »
Are you serious?! And to top it off, that was Pervert in the freak'n Dora? Oy vey! OK, when I build up some perkies we need to repeat that, dumping the La from the scenario. I want 3k alt and speed advantage, and Pervert needs to go 100% with a DT to even things out a bit. It'll be a few weeks until I have the perks though we'll set it up.

boo
 :salute