Author Topic: AVA request  (Read 2554 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: AVA request
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »
Hello James,

I think you have a good idea.  The only tweaks I would suggest would be shortened icons (3.0k) as the AVA maps are much smaller in size than the mains.  It is very easy to find a hot sector and get engaged in a fight.  The "gonna make it an MA" comments are off based, so I would ignore them.  The AVA is a hybrid arena half MA/half scenario and the most unique in my opinion.  Keep the ideas coming Sir.

:salute

Way

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 10:55:35 AM »
"Wrong" crowd...what's the "right" crowd?  At least there will be a crowd, eh?  

What's the AvA about?  Two-sided fights in an arena where you can play however you want?

1.Horders and yes atleast there will be a crowd.
2.I like to think the folks in AVA  have a much better Rapport with each other, less  watermelontalk than in the MA, more willing to  offer tips and advise to someone they just  shot down, rather than crowing about it. Keeping the Icons as currently set or  maybe even slightly longer will show  people that  short icon is not equal to no icon, and  even when a con is outside icon range it is still  pretty easy to spot if you pay attention. Thats  what kept me out of  AVA at 1st fear of not being able to spot someone but once you get the hang of it and clean your monitor it  gets  alot easier.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:31:06 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 11:00:17 AM »
guys, a suggestion was made. no one is changing the way we do things in the AVA. its an idea. can it be done, yes. will it be done, depends on if someone wants to try it out. while the suggestion has both its opponents and proponents, its just an idea right now. lets not get all crazy over it.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »
One thing...PLEASE no 262s..or 163s...Well maybe we'll allow 163s if America gets the b29 but the 262 would just be a gamebreaker.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »
One thing...PLEASE no 262s..or 163s...Well maybe we'll allow 163s if America gets the b29 but the 262 would just be a gamebreaker.

nopenopenope......if it's gonna be turned into a mini-lw arena, then it needs to have those too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 09:28:56 PM »
thats right how are we gonna get the big squads in there to play. we can move them back, but they should be in there. and just think, nothing is perked so it will be a free for all too.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 09:30:02 PM »
thats right how are we gonna get the big squads in there to play. we can move them back, but they should be in there. and just think, nothing is perked so it will be a free for all too.
:( oh the horror...... :cry