Author Topic: joining M3 GMC disables gun positions  (Read 417 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
joining M3 GMC disables gun positions
« on: January 08, 2012, 06:43:26 AM »
joined a squaddie in his M3 GMC last night (not trying to gun, just observing) and he was then stuck in the commander's view and unable to switch to the gun position. likewise I was stuck in the driver's view and unable to switch. as soon as I went back to the tower he could switch positions as usual.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: joining M3 GMC disables gun positions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 06:57:12 AM »
if you join someone in a vehical it is necessary that the person is in the driver seat when you join, otherwise this happens. I assume because the joining player takes the first available slot, which is the drivers chair if the 'pilot' is in the gun or commander view.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 07:10:50 AM »
maybe more of an undocumented feature than a bug then  :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 03:55:04 PM »
maybe more of an undocumented feature than a bug then  :headscratch:

I recall something about this in a readme but looking back a few versions I can't find it.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 12:37:30 AM »
if you join someone in a vehical it is necessary that the person is in the driver seat when you join, otherwise this happens. I assume because the joining player takes the first available slot, which is the drivers chair if the 'pilot' is in the gun or commander view.

The "pilot" was in Position 1, the driver's seat, when the observer joined. The "pilot" could not move to Position 2, "observer" nor Position 3, "gunner", until the joinee got out.

Didn't try it with the "pilot" in a different Position when someone tried to join.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 02:48:16 AM »
The "pilot" was in Position 1, the driver's seat, when the observer joined. The "pilot" could not move to Position 2, "observer" nor Position 3, "gunner", until the joinee got out.

Didn't try it with the "pilot" in a different Position when someone tried to join.

wrongway

This has been around for quite some time I believe. I remember it always being this way for gunner positions in bombers.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline ET

• Copper Member
discoed in bomber again
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »
Twice today, in B26s and then KI67s I was discoed when
I got down to one bomber and was engaged with fighter.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
 :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 04:35:19 PM »
My subconsious is wondering about Rule #2.

My consious is reminding me about Rule #5.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54