Author Topic: Soviet Bomber?  (Read 2747 times)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
Re: Soviet Bomber?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 02:52:20 AM »
Good scrap last night icepac, those lancs you were in I must have distributed my rounds evenly everywhere across all of your airframes for virtually all the cannon ammo of my D-9 went into them. Good flying, is a good thing not everyone know how to fly bombers like that. My crate was thoroughly peppered with holes after that chase.

:salute

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 07:53:33 AM »
It was nerve wracking since you seemed to attack from above, below, from the side, from the side morphing to from under and the side.

I'm surprised that even one was still flying after your second pass since it seems you landed many cannon to all 3 within 2 passes.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 08:16:49 AM »
Plus it packs 2x 23mm cannon in the nose for de-acking and HOing.

The guns were Shvak 20mm cannons in the wing roots.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »
It was nerve wracking since you seemed to attack from above, below, from the side, from the side morphing to from under and the side.

I'm surprised that even one was still flying after your second pass since it seems you landed many cannon to all 3 within 2 passes.

Yes, I specifically tried to set up slashing attacks to get guns on the entire formation for at least the first two passes, then the belly shot is a favorite on the lancs since it's their soft spot but I didn't seem to be able to get the angles just right on this occasion. I think that if you had had .50 cals instead of those pellet guns you would have gotten me. After that sortie I just had to up the Ta152, really felt I was lacking the Mk108 in the Dora on that encounter.  :D

I'm sure we'll run into each other again, til then, blue skies!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:38:35 AM by 33Vortex »

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 09:00:34 AM »
tu-2 would be my plane of choice for attack runs.    It will do everything quicker and tougher than the ju-88 minus the torpedo carrying ability.

Plus it packs 2x 23mm cannon in the nose for de-acking and HOing.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Look at the slim profile,  built for speed and tough soviet tough.   What is not to like!  

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 09:01:09 AM »

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 11:22:34 AM »

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »
Good scrap last night icepac, those lancs you were in I must have distributed my rounds evenly everywhere across all of your airframes for virtually all the cannon ammo of my D-9 went into them. Good flying, is a good thing not everyone know how to fly bombers like that. My crate was thoroughly peppered with holes after that chase.

:salute

Just a guess, cannon convergence is/was set to less than 350? 

The cannons I've found get tempremental with buff killing unless you're hitting them right where you want to and when your convergence is supposed to hit the mark... wich tends to be further than most fighter kills.  The two 20mms are effective agaisnt buffs, but only together, and at their converged distance.... judging by Icepac's responce, you were definiteley employing the right tactics.  :aok
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.