Author Topic: Joystick Accuracy  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
Re: Joystick Accuracy
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
Hey Bustr and Bip...I just bought a Thrustmaster Flight Stick X and aside from the obvious such as getting to learn a whole new stick, I have also been trying to figure out my Scaling, deadband, etc. I have used a Logi 3D Pro for most of the last 3 years so I am used to the stick being pretty tight and that works perfect for me. The BIG difference between the 2 is I think sensitivity. I have been playing with it non-stop trying to get it set just right to kind of mimic the feel of my old 3D Pro...will that Logitech Profiler help out or do you guys have any tips to try and fix this? I also know that being a new stick it will take  me a bit just to get used to it.
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
DIView is to let you see your output before you enable profiler software or startup the game. I use CH products myself so I have no idea what to do with your product.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 07:30:08 PM »
Lol, hear ya on that. I actually went intot he game, set some random kind of scaling pattern, and it seems to have hit the nail on the proverbial head lol. Thanks though!
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »
Download and run DIVew from Logitech. It will show you the axis and input from all of your USB game controllers, keyboard and mouse.

This product site for the Precision Joystick Controller BU0836 reccomends using it to check your output after building your joystick. Unzip and run it. There is no install, it just displays the output of all your devices. If you are seeing noise or bouncing on your axis from DIView it can be something in this list:

1. joystick axis potentiometer.
2. a bad USB port on your PC.
3. wrong USB port to have your device in.
4. wrong speed USB devices ganged together.
5. not enough power to your USB port or fluctuating power while playing the game.
6. processing conflicts during the game possibly due to one or several of the above problems including USB bus resets.

If you run DIView while your USB devices are sitting idle with no game controller software running and there is no bounce(noise) then you may be having processing conflicts and or power problems for that port. If you see bounching on an axis then the potentiometer is old or something in the list. My potentiometers don't bounce but occasionly during game play I notice bus resets. Thats when you seem to loose calibration or control of your axis. Who knows what causes bus resets during the game..... 

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836/DIView.zip

cool program....thanx for link......I found that I am getting bounce in my CH stick....but when I move the axes wheels ever so slightly....the movement stops

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 09:21:20 AM »
How olds the Ch INK .. may have some dust on the pots ?

<S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »
its about 2 years old now......