Author Topic: GTX 460's in SLI getting clobbered by the new patch  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: GTX 460's in SLI getting clobbered by the new patch
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
Yeah.  The browser wouldn't be helping at all, but if it doesn't get better when you've got the browser closed down, there's something up with your system, Changeup.  Silly, simple question, but have you tried a reboot before you start up an AH session?  If you haven't, that might cure your ills.

I've got everything in the graphics there checked except buildings cast shadows, and smooth shadows, running 4096 shadow size, on a 1680x1050 monitor.  AA set to full.  Highres texture pack.  On mine, smooth shadows kills my framerate.  You might try unchecking that and seeing if you can up other stuff then.

I've done nothing special eliminating processes in my Windows at all, just got an install of Win7 64 bit and a few games on it, MSE for security.  Running an i5 2500K processor, with 4 gigs of RAM, with an ATI 5770 1GB.  The only time my frame rate dips is when I'm in a really big crowd, like on the runway at the beginning of an FSO.  The rest of the time, 50+ when things get really busy over a town, 95% of the time just knocking around, pegged at 60.

I'm not bragging, just pointing out what I consider to be a midrange gaming system does, and saying your setup there appears like it should be doing way more than it is.

Wiley.

Thank you. I will do that from now on...I'm just going to have to "War and Peace" Mrs Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »
Thank you. I will do that from now on...I'm just going to have to "War and Peace" Mrs Changeup

Did rebooting fix it?  Or was it the smooth shadows or the browser?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LeDragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »
Thanks guys.

There were 9 tabs open on the browser (wife and kids hate it when I delete their web pages, I know, I know.  New laptop is on the way for their little selves) and Outlook 2011 and MS antivirus and I'm running 67 processes.  I know that's a lot but I haven't had time to Google all of them to see if they're important or not just yet.

Firefox will reopen with whatever tabs were open upon shut-down so you can free up resources without losing the families pages.
I was playing with J.U.G.S. before your mothers' started lactating for you.
Yes... thats what I was looking at. Just expecting more hood and less head if you understand me.  
     :O

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 02:42:44 PM »
Did rebooting fix it?  Or was it the smooth shadows or the browser?

Wiley.

I'm still at the office.  I will have to do it tonight.  I will post the results after I get in.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba