Author Topic: Condor Aerial Looking for UAV Pilots  (Read 1904 times)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
Re: Condor Aerial Looking for UAV Pilots
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »
Good luck Condor, I imagine the scene in goodfellas where the choppa is chasing Ray Liotta. :airplane: :uhoh
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »
Personally, I'm wonderin' why this post wasn't started or moved to the O'Club where
it belongs.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2012, 09:53:38 PM »

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2012, 04:10:26 PM »
It looks like you have a flight time of maybe 15 minutes depending on payload.  It just doesn't seem like much time aloft. How close are you to getting unit with more aloft time?

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »
Here is what we know about FAA involvement. The FAA wants everyone (UAV Pilots) to have a COA (certificate of airworthiness) and over the last 10 years have only approved 15.

Certificate of Airworthiness on pilots?  The only thing I know that has a Certificate of Airworthiness is the aircraft, not the pilot.  As a rule pilots are only allowed to fly aircraft that have a current airworthiness certificate.  Which is keep valid by complying with the annual inspection rule.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2012, 02:03:02 AM »
First off, I want to say thank you to Hitech for allowing me to recruit some pilots. It was with his kind permission I was able to post this information and discuss what we are doing and share our website. He was most kind to allow us this thread as an information base.

The COA I was talking about is for the aircraft. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

The flight time on the electric unit is 15 minutes. When you are searching a grid for someone with the FLIR system it only takes about 5 minutes to go up and search a couple square miles, then we move to the next grid. We do have a helicopter with the same flight system good for 2 hours and we have a new quad coming out next month that is a 4 stroke gas with 2 hours flight time.
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 07:57:15 AM »
I am forced to admit that, once the initial investment in capital is recouped, the savings should be fairly marked with regard to fuel, personnel, equipment maintenance, etc

Also, I can't imagine how much this will cut down on scramble time, especially when precious moments count such as in a rescue situation.

I don't fear the new technology, just the manner in which some will be tempted to use it.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2012, 03:36:09 PM »
Hello Condor. I am a seasoned Rc operator. I have currently 8 electric operational planes/heli's in my stable.  Been flying rc aircraft for the last ten years.
My AMA membership is up to date and I would like you to pm me all  the info you have please.  Thanks  TUK151 (Retired AH player).
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena