Author Topic: Starting Times for the FSO  (Read 337 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Starting Times for the FSO
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:09:56 PM »
I know I am probaley going to get raked over the coals, but here goes anyway. Is the FSO just for Central, Mountain and Pacific time zones? I have had serveral squad mates, Devil Dogs Squadron, tell me that one of the reasons they do not partisipate in the FSO is the 11:00PM, EST starting time. If the "powers that be" would consider moving the starting time back to 10:00PM, EST, I'm sure we would have a great deal more pilots enjoying the FSO! I think the people who are running the FSO's are doing a great job and everyone owe's them a debt of graditude for their hard work!!! :aok
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
Re: Starting Times for the FSO
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »
It's a Friday night, it's staying up late on a weekend with your buddies. The later it is the less opportunity it has to interfere with RL. Think about the Pacific players, if we push it too early they'll be choosing between family/social life time and FSO. Don't do that to them. 8pm is already earlier than I'd like to start playing on a Friday night yet we still get a lot of Pacific timezone players.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:14:08 PM »
They did a poll and were going to push the time ahead a little based on the poll. However the numbers of squadrons and individuals that started dropping out weren't reflected in the poll they did. So the decision was made to leave the times as is and it has turned out to be pretty good for the most part; at least 350 to 400 players in the SEA on a Friday night.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline ELD66

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 07:26:14 PM »
Time isn't changing. Guess you need to read the FSO board a bit more.  ;)
E1Diablo in game

Member of JG11 Sonderstaffel