Author Topic: Aircraft Skins  (Read 690 times)

Offline Spork

• Copper Member
Aircraft Skins
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »
Any way to view the entire skin before getting out on the runway and doing F3 so I can get a 360 degree view of what it actually looks like? I know you can view it in the hanger and the convergence tab but the viewing angles are really limited.

Spork
Spork
80th FS "Headhunters"

"The all purpose utensil in the all purpose plane" - Karma

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Aircraft Skins
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 04:37:53 PM »
Hit F3 then use your num_keys to view while in the hanger. Use your zoom in and out keys to get closer or farther away. F1 when you are done.

And if you want to surprise yourself. Pick any HUB cannon bird like a 109 or yak. Go into convergence mode. Pull the green cannon line back to 150. F3 and Num_4 or 6 I think, and look at the up angle from the spinner to intersect with the hood MG line. HUB cannon were locked inline with the engine airscrew shaft. The rounds as soon as leaving the barrel started falling towards the center of the planet. The only time the rounds were arched up was if the nose of the plane was angled up by the pilot or a nose up attiude while flying level at low speeds. Planes like the P38, 110, 262 and mossi, the nose guns could be angled up.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »
The hanger in a CV also gives a better angle than the hanger at an airbase.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 03:08:18 PM »
You can get a preview of it by checking out the AH skins catalog page I set up. It's mostly up to date (aside from a few new additions that I have to update)

http://www.nakatomitower.com/ahskins

Offline Spork

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »
You can get a preview of it by checking out the AH skins catalog page I set up. It's mostly up to date (aside from a few new additions that I have to update)

http://www.nakatomitower.com/ahskins

Nice Krusty! Thanks

:salute
Spork
Spork
80th FS "Headhunters"

"The all purpose utensil in the all purpose plane" - Karma

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 12:56:36 AM »
offline works too