Author Topic: need some help with resource builder  (Read 762 times)

Offline climber

• Copper Member
need some help with resource builder
« on: March 03, 2012, 10:45:58 PM »
OK folks here's the problem:

I have a terrain (my first foray into terrain editing) that I would like to use in a custom arena for squad practice.  It is built, passed all tests, and ready to roll.  I've been on a steep learning curve and have learned much in the last few days.  I've attempted to load the file using the resource builder.  The builder said it was loaded but couldn't find it on the server.  I learned (I think this is correct) that the "upload terrain to host" box needs to be checked.  When attempted to upload with this box checked the following error occurs (in a new window), "Build Terrain is out of date please download the latest version".  Where normally the upload progress happens all I get is , "Begin building terrain 77train" & "Your build version is out of date".   I've tried to rebuild the TBM and re-saved the terrain and same error occurs. 

A couple of questions:
* When using the resource builder do I want to choose the .oba file?
* Is my terrain out of date or is the software needing updating (I've tried to re-download from HTC and no updates happened)?
* Am I correct in checking the Upload terrain to host box?
* Anyone see something I have failed to do?
* Do I need to stop pulling my hair out and go have a beer?

Thanks much in advance folks.

-Climber 
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Re: need some help with resource builder
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
Open your terrain in the Terrain Editor then go to file > open > your terrain.
Click on Objects tab
Click on Object Report
If there are no errors and the terrain is ready for build close out the terrain editor. Obviously any errors will have to be fixed and the above process done again.

Open uploader
Click browse and add your terrain and .oba file
Click upload terrain to host box
Upload

When the upload is complete you will be able to load it into a custom arena

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:04:22 AM by 68falcon »
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »
68falcon thanks for the reply but that is the exact steps I have followed.  The resulting errors are my issue.

Thanks again,

-Climber

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
Did you have a previous version of ahedit on your system? Your shortcut might still be mapped to an old version and you might think you are working in 2.26 patch 3 but might not be. I have several and you need to make sure you are in the latest,  since I opened up a terrain in 2.21 patch three and worked on a terrain in it once accidentally.

X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:34:03 PM »
could be it.  i'll delete the current one and re-download.

Thanks for the idea.

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 05:53:15 PM »
Well I went and did something incredibly STUPID!  I wanted to reinstall the resource builder so I deleted my editing software to give a blank slate and inadvertently deleted the terrain .oba file.  I knew better but still did it.

Well thanks for the help folks with this little waste of time of mine.  I had already decided that this would be my one foray into the terrain building world and have absolutely no intention of doing it again.  I don't have the time, and/or creativity to create maps.

The one upside is that I have a new found respect for those who do build our terrains.  Big <S> to you guys and can't wait to see some of your new stuff in the MA.

Best

-Climber
CO 77th FS "Gamblers"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
maybe you should get together with someone on VOX of some sort. Skype or team-speak comes to mind. at any rate, they can explain step by step, how to do something. i highly recommend it! <S>

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:42:51 PM »
I've had some offers for assistance via skype.  If I didn't come to a solution soon I was going to try that route.  Now that I'm back at square one and no plan on leaving that square, well, no need to bother someone with unnecessary questions.

However, it is refreshing to see the amount of help folks have given.  Even from HITech himself.  It is appreciated and perhaps I'll get the bug to try again. 

Meanwhile, I'll spend my extra time playing more and learning how to defeat the elusive P-38 vertical-tail slide maneuver.

-Climber

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »
You probably already did this but did you see if you could dig it out of your recycle bin?
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline climber

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »
No such luck  :cry