Author Topic: Thoughts on "Bomber Bailers"  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Tazz69

• Zinc Member
Re: Thoughts on "Bomber Bailers"
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »
If I spawn into an area with my tank and decide to bail out and there is a enemy in the area, he gets the proxy kill on me, so why not the same when I'm 1.5k out on a bombers high 6 and I'm ready to roll over and engage and he just bails..leaving me with nothing but wasted time and effort? I propose if the aircraft is within the 6k visual range, and he decides he's going to bail out instead of fight, then he gets a ditch instead of a successful bail, and I get the proxy kill instead of nothing but the headache of wasting my time. :mad:

+ 1

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »
If I spawn into an area with my tank and decide to bail out and there is a enemy in the area, he gets the proxy kill on me, so why not the same when I'm 1.5k out on a bombers high 6 and I'm ready to roll over and engage and he just bails..leaving me with nothing but wasted time and effort? I propose if the aircraft is within the 6k visual range, and he decides he's going to bail out instead of fight, then he gets a ditch instead of a successful bail, and I get the proxy kill instead of nothing but the headache of wasting my time. :mad:

+ 1

I beg your pardon, but I'm wondering if  you ever actually played this game?  :confused:

Someone bailing from an undamaged plane 1.5k in front of you will give you a proxy kill. Always has.
On top of that, why would you give him a "ditch", which is in fact far better for him than a "successful bail"? Why would you reward  him for that? :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 03:24:22 PM »
I say disable bailing from bombers altogther but change it so heavy bombers cant be PKed.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
I say disable bailing from bombers altogther but change it so heavy bombers cant be PKed.

Have you thought about the effects that would have in gameplay? From both sides? ;)

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 03:51:40 PM »
Yes, people are less commited to situations in which they know they will lose and/or die easier then others. Thus the bomber culture will grudge the inability to bail, but will welcome the fact that their fortress wont get 1-hit insta killed.

From the other side, fighters; although traditionally very functional with their bomber hunting purposes; can't be said to be the same in the realities of the virtual expression of this art/craft which has been drastically changed due to the not-really-dying bit.

Think of it this way, whats more entertaining; a shark eating a fish, or a whale?

If you have spent enough time chasing bombers; im sure you understand that last bit :-)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
ehmm.. I was asking more for the practical effects, a step which you seem to bypass.

i) It won't hurt the "bailers".  Instead of bailing they just nose forward. First you lose your drones, then your own wings rip. Takes just a few seconds more to get into the tower, and it still has the same advantages over returning to base. Effect on this part of gameplay: nil.

ii) But the removal of PK makes shooting down bombers more difficult than before.

So it won't help it's intended cause at all.

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »
You obviously have always been a very honourable pilot then, I can't say the same for myself luche. Ive fallen into that "quick sortie" thing in the past and I know that if I had to endure the long-annoying-drop-from-altitude into the ground everytime I would of given it up in short order or changed my gamestyle.

Offline AustinAustin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »
It does impact others game play. Up a bird to intercept a bomber, fly for 20 mins only to have a bail out.....

It's just gaming the game, but, it is just a game.