Author Topic: Resupply planes  (Read 681 times)

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Resupply planes
« on: August 17, 2005, 07:45:35 PM »
I would like to be able to get supplies for planes.  Ex. run out of fuel or got an oil leak and won't be able to make it back to base.  If a squady could run supplies out to ya at some rondevue point and drop supplies to fix only minor problems.  Oil, fuel, fuel leak, radiator.  Any structral damage would require to return to base.  I can remember countless times I just miss the runway because of a fuel leak with only 20 yards to go to get land successly.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Resupply planes
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 01:36:27 PM »
It's been discussed many a time over the years. I don't think it'll ever happen. HTC has said they won't ever do anything like repairing planes, and this is sort of related to that.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Resupply planes
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 03:37:13 PM »
Still a great idea that needs to be implemented.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 06:08:53 PM »
Great idea -- but.  If we're going to do something like that then lets have terrain that is more realistic.  Uneven or soft ground that will damage landing gear and/or flip you over onto your back.  It was no simple feat landing a high performance fighter off airport -- the risk of damage to the aircraft was very high.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline TheMercinary60

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
why not get get a squadie to bring a half track and a log chain, much earier  :lol
Formally Merc flying with the 99th Blue Lagoon Bandits
I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled.

HiTech - in response to davidwales

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »
It would be cool if a c47 could drop fuel supplies in remote areas.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 11:20:55 AM »
It's a great idea but we have tank recovery vehicles and repair crews in real life.

The same cannot be said for Airplanes.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 03:38:13 PM »
Fuel was dropped for more than a few planes that landed where there was no fuel.

I'm not talking about a full rearm, just maybe a 50% fuel being added.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 03:45:06 AM »
 :aok

:salute
mobilis in mobile