Author Topic: text buffer  (Read 2201 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Re: text buffer
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
:old: Which is why I don't curse or call mean crude names.

Would you like to continue this back and forth here? :)

I was muted for said taunts speaking from experience never used foul language for was badgering a fellow player

its all in knowing the limits take the time to spend with your wife
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 07:17:30 PM »
I was muted for said taunts speaking from experience never used foul language for was badgering a fellow player

its all in knowing the limits take the time to spend with your wife

A simple message box saying "You're crossing the line on taunting. Stop." would be sufficient, if that was the reason.

My wife and kids are out of town till Friday,  :headscratch: but why are you referencing my personal life?  Taunting (or just getting a dig in)? :huh
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:29:04 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »
Seems that a warning message box prior to being muted would suffice to control this type of thing.  :salute

The auto-text-mod pops up a warning if you type a "bad" word.
If you get reported by enough people, I don't think there's a warning.
If a real live mod is on, I'm guessing you would be warned and given a chance to behave, then muted if you persist.

The real control for this type of thing should be common sense. But alas, common sense seems to not be very common in online games.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »
The auto-text-mod pops up a warning if you type a "bad" word.
If you get reported by enough people, I don't think there's a warning.
If a real live mod is on, I'm guessing you would be warned and given a chance to behave, then muted if you persist.

The real control for this type of thing should be common sense. But alas, common sense seems to not be very common in online games.

The definition of common sense is grey, obvious to one's own sense of common sense, but that may be different for others.

Again, a simple warning message would be sufficent.

:old: Some peeps are more senstive than other peeps.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »
A simple suggestion it works for me , don't take my advice if you don't want it.
HTC will not warn you they take you know the rules and if you cross you deserve what you get Sir.
If you're lucky you will get a warning from a MOD , if you're lucky

Im done here  
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 09:13:39 PM »
I understand the taunting and the trash talk, neither of which I do. I do enjoy Twins conversations  :devil but you, Midway, rub a raw nerve. When I log in you are the first I squelch. I'm here to play and have some fun, and what you do is not fun to me. I see your name pop up and I don't bother to wait an see if your going to be ok or an @zz. I just don't want to be bothered by it.

I don't care what you call it, or how you explain it, but what you do is far worst than the things I've seen Twin get muted for. If this was my game I would happily forgo your $15 in favor of possibly saving many other accounts of people who leave because of what you bring to this game.

But hey! That's just me and my opinion.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 09:59:46 PM »
I understand the taunting and the trash talk, neither of which I do. I do enjoy Twins conversations  :devil but you, Midway, rub a raw nerve. When I log in you are the first I squelch. I'm here to play and have some fun, and what you do is not fun to me. I see your name pop up and I don't bother to wait an see if your going to be ok or an @zz. I just don't want to be bothered by it.

I don't care what you call it, or how you explain it, but what you do is far worst than the things I've seen Twin get muted for. If this was my game I would happily forgo your $15 in favor of possibly saving many other accounts of people who leave because of what you bring to this game.

But hey! That's just me and my opinion.

Well, Fugitive, there are always gonna be some people that rub us the wrong way, we all know of some.  Question is how do you handle them?  Calling them names and putting them down is probably not the best approach.

Buy hey!  That's just me and my opinion.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »
more than i care to count   :rofl
you have to take your shoes off and count the toes too.  :old:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 06:13:41 AM »
Well, Fugitive, there are always gonna be some people that rub us the wrong way, we all know of some.  Question is how do you handle them?  Calling them names and putting them down is probably not the best approach.

Buy hey!  That's just me and my opinion.

You report them.  That is what the facility is for.  There is line between good natured taunting and being abrasive. If anyone has a difficult time knowing the difference then they should learn to live with losing chat privs.  This is a game.  We want it to be fun for all, not just the mouthy ones.

Antagonistic irritants run off new players.  Not good for the game.

The message you got says the community voted and decided you should lose your chat privs.  The suspension is 8 days long.  If the community was wrong, then we can rectify that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:16:28 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 07:29:37 AM »
You report them.  That is what the facility is for.  There is line between good natured taunting and being abrasive. If anyone has a difficult time knowing the difference then they should learn to live with losing chat privs.  This is a game.  We want it to be fun for all, not just the mouthy ones.

Antagonistic irritants run off new players.  Not good for the game.

The message you got says the community voted and decided you should lose your chat privs.  The suspension is 8 days long.  If the community was wrong, then we can rectify that.

Thank you for the explanation.  The crude name calling and comments by certain people over time do drag me into pushing the limits of being overly abrasive with them.  I've never used the reporting feature (due to the 'i'm going to tell on you' nature of it), but going forward will report them and leave it at that.

I did send an email to the support email address and hope you will take a look and see if a warning or less than 8 day suspension makes sense.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 10:49:26 AM »
Midway being abrasive???? Never and I will talk to him on vox.... Ohhh this isnt the Midway I know...LOL J/K

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »
I'm as abrasive as they come and I've never been muted   :headscratch: