Author Topic: PTAB  (Read 1963 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: PTAB
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
You found somethign that can be turned in to HTC. If you take an even closer look at the "victim" you will see it's just a tip of the iceberg. Actually it's the worst case I have ever seen in AH.  :furious

since i came home I have not been in the MA much. But now the DA is the same as the MA with none of the benefits I have spent a couple of 'tours' back here

My score is horrible. as is my SA. But I just need to know WHY anyone wouldo this. WHHHYY

$30 a month to kill yourself. Playing with yourself has taken on a new meaning.....

Or perhaps it hasn't
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2012, 01:56:26 PM »
Want to get rid of F3 then do so for every plane in the game.

Why?

Do you honestly think that a single rear gunner with limited visibility anwhere except the rear quarter of the plane and high 6 o'clock is the same as, say, a B-24 with a crew of 10 guys looking in all directions?

Why should the IL2 have F3?

Personally, I don't give a crap about score, and I use the IL2 just as much now as before F3 was removed because..... :drum roll:...... I never used F3 to spot GVs.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
I guess you could help but use two threads to call the guy out. You shouldnt have used any and PM'd Hitech instead. Being the top IL2 pilot now means about as much as a can of beans, and before it meant as much as a cup of coffee. Its use is down about %70 cause its such a POS now. My guess is, while you obviously have some skill, you are doing a lot of bomb****ing with few enemy fighters around and probably a lot of wingers watching your back.

Want to get rid of F3 then do so for every plane in the game. I was a Loner in the IL2 back when I was good in it and never used Ords or attacked VH bases out of respect. Now? I hope every lancJabo chucks 1,000lb's at every VH he see's.

You shouldnt have turned two threads into embarrassment threads Fester. Most of all this one.

I fly the il2 clean with only 37mm. its faster and lighter and I am able to deal with fighters in it in this configuration much easier since I fly alone. if I wanted to bomb I would up a 190f8 or p47. shooting cannons into turret roofs is more fun than bombing and the rockets and rails just add drag.
I can provide a demonstration for you of what the 37mm can do to even a tiger if you want.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2012, 03:31:55 PM »
I fly the il2 clean with only 37mm. its faster and lighter and I am able to deal with fighters in it in this configuration much easier since I fly alone. if I wanted to bomb I would up a 190f8 or p47. shooting cannons into turret roofs is more fun than bombing and the rockets and rails just add drag.
I can provide a demonstration for you of what the 37mm can do to even a tiger if you want.

Single seat IL-2 enough said.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,321945.0.html

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »
Boy I must have been the only one who ever used F3  :lol

Why?

Do you honestly think that a single rear gunner with limited visibility anwhere except the rear quarter of the plane and high 6 o'clock is the same as, say, a B-24 with a crew of 10 guys looking in all directions?

Why should the IL2 have F3?

Personally, I don't give a crap about score, and I use the IL2 just as much now as before F3 was removed because..... :drum roll:...... I never used F3 to spot GVs.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »
Single seat IL-2 enough said.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,321945.0.html
Single seat Il-2 wouldn't have the 37mm cannons.

I hear Ghi used it....
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »
Single seat Il-2 wouldn't have the 37mm cannons.

Did not read all of my pages I posted did you?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2012, 06:43:04 AM »
Took up the IL-2 for a few tests offline and a few sorties online.
NS-37 still cuts through tanks like a hot knife through butter. So no, HTC didn't change it without telling us, it's still the same.
And the Il-2 is still a superior tank buster when ords are down. I have to go back to my Hurri D quickly before getting spoiled  :bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2012, 06:59:00 AM »

Never said that, I just said that I never did.

'Cause F3 is gamey, arcade BS in a plane like the IL2.......  ;)
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 07:14:19 AM »
lusche you got me looking through the recent il2 stats... I saw a guy named DMZ with astronomical il2 k/d then I saw it was vs a pt boat and a jeep... 132 times... against the same guy... over multiple tours lmao!

thats a lot of dedication to playing with yourself in public... er an online arena.

How did this thread get deleted in GD and survive this one?  Oh wait, it has been hijacked.  Seems to be a rule violation there....

Those little bomblets would be really cool.  Would be even cooler if they acted as UXO to both friendly and enemy. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:17:30 AM by dirtdart »
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »
more like half asleep people talking late at night about ww2 airplanes.

as for il2 bomblets?

i like the il2 for the cannons and i rarely use bombs or rockets when flying it and I think the bomblets would be a novel gimic weapon that may or may not be very effective in game depending on how it is implimented.

why not up a lanc if you want to have lots of bomblets till somthing like this gets implimented?
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2012, 09:25:35 AM »
more like half asleep people talking late at night about ww2 airplanes.

as for il2 bomblets?

i like the il2 for the cannons and i rarely use bombs or rockets when flying it and I think the bomblets would be a novel gimic weapon that may or may not be very effective in game depending on how it is implimented.

why not up a lanc if you want to have lots of bomblets till somthing like this gets implimented?

This is my thinking as well Fester, the IL-2 bomblets would only be useful against campers clustered together, otherwise the normal will be some jerk upping lancasters to carpet bomb with 14x 1,000lbers.
Small bomblets means you have to hit the tank, 1,000lbers mean you come close and the tank goes boom.
JG 52

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2012, 02:50:12 PM »
I think it is more along the lines of allowing for armaments that were historically used.  We have 50 Kg bombs....
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum