Author Topic: Thread for support on Air Conflicts: Secret wars crash at startup  (Read 4312 times)

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
Hey Pilots  :salute
I want to make a thread on support for a game called Air Conflicts: Secret Wars because I got, it, activated it, installed the compability patch 1.04, still crashes on startup stating "Can't initialize D3D device"  :headscratch:. I also tried what they said to decrease the sound quality to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD quality), but mine only goes down to 16 bit, 44800 Hz (DVD quality). If any of you Aces High players have Air Conflicts: Secret Wars and got yours up and running after a lot of time with errors, I would be glad to receive your support as this is a new game I got and I don't want to throw it in the trash can yet.
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Thread for support on Air Conflicts: Secret wars crash at startup
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 10:49:06 PM »
Just curious, but is there no community or developers for it? 

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 11:07:02 PM »
Well, bitComposer Games was the one who developed this game, but they don't have any forums or community. I can run Air Conflicts Demo, only Secret Wars I cannot run even with patch 1.04.
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 06:28:23 AM »
D3D device is relating to your video card, Are you sure your card is up to snuff?
Try dxdiag. Direct X up to date?

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »
I seriously doubt you ever see support for that one since it was ported from the Xbox and PS3 into the PC. Sorry bud it just isn't a flight sim.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.