Author Topic: A Sound Wish  (Read 435 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
A Sound Wish
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »
In the advanced sound settings, it would be nice if the sound adjustment made would only apply to the vehicle/plane
that was selected, before entering the sound options.  The reason for this is that some planes sounds, such as flaps/gear engine, are louder on some planes than others.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: A Sound Wish
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:45:07 PM »
I had noticed the difference also, but wasn't sure if it was due to my mixing sound packs.  :headscratch:  I actually went into the folder and manually decreased the volume of the offending sounds using windows sound recorder.

I hope this may help with a temporary fix for you Coogan.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 07:38:18 PM »
I had noticed the difference also, but wasn't sure if it was due to my mixing sound packs.  :headscratch:  I actually went into the folder and manually decreased the volume of the offending sounds using windows sound recorder.

I hope this may help with a temporary fix for you Coogan.

I mix my sounds too Chilli.  I'll try the default sounds tonight. 

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 03:02:02 AM »
I use Windows sound recorder because it makes it a one step process.  I open the file with Sound Recorder and decrease the volume in increments of 25% as I recall, and then save it.

I have more and better sound editing software but they usually will not replace the current file, and end up adding additional sound files (that either I rename and move or delete).