Author Topic: AVA Staff Squad Night--Tuesday Night 06/05/12 9pm EST  (Read 685 times)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
AVA Staff Squad Night--Tuesday Night 06/05/12 9pm EST
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:10:02 AM »
Hehehehee. I'm just startin' this thread early for you guys.
Anyway, The 47 Ronin and friends will be in the AvA with
you staff guys at 9PM Eastern U.S. time.
  Intent: furball in 262s.

Best regards, Odd
The 47 Ronin
Chief Office Pogue

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: AVA Staff Squad Night--Tuesday Night 06/05/12 9pm EST
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »
Good night. About 40 at peak.

A win the war reset screwed things up, sorry bout that, I set it up not to do that but must have missed something.

Sinking an enemy CV was supposed to trigger a capture message, it worked offline but not in here.

Probably should have kept the CV's in original position and not released them to player control, they got moved too close together.

People thought ack was still too deadly so I did turn it down even more.

Some wanted shorter radar range I wanted to ask what they meant by that, dot dar? dar bar? base flashing?

I did hear one report of barely playable frame rates with the heavy clouds. Any one else have problems in that area?

Anyway, thanks for playing guys it was a good time.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:41:07 AM »
I did hear one report of barely playable frame rates with the heavy clouds. Any one else have problems in that area?it was a good time.

Yes, yes it was.  Heard a lot of very positive comments about the setup, Jimson, good work!

Always interesting to see how the presence of Zekes spurs the adoption of real-world tactics.  Pretty soon the Hellcats start flying in pairs (heh, sometimes more than pairs, sorry about that SHREDD!) because 1 v 1 doesn't work out so well.  Same thing when it's A6M2s v. Wildcats in the 1942 setups.

Anyway, great time last night, thanks much to Jimson for creating the map and setup and to all those who made it work so well.

- oldman

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:45:07 AM »
I had a complete blast!

The no-icons was great...

I think reducing dot dar range would be good, but that's the double edged sword... yes, attacks on CVs would be harder to intercept, but with only a few people out there, using that to vector was very helpful!

I thought the clouds were great, but I have a hoss computer... I heard a few people complain, but not many.

I thought the RANGE of the ack was more the problem than the actual damage (but I was flying fighter 100%), I was using puffy to find the enemy 50% of the time hehe...

Good terrain, good scenario, and a hell of a lot of good times!
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »
Thanks guys, we'll run it again fairly soon. I'll take a look at ways to refine it before then.

Ooops, I just realized I put this in the wrong thread LOL.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:02:03 AM by jimson »