Author Topic: LANCASTER!  (Read 835 times)

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
LANCASTER!
« on: June 19, 2012, 01:14:52 AM »
Hey i just wanted to post some links from where i live,we have a Lancaster Meauseam, so heres some youtube links if you want to watch  :salute in nanton Alberta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmXmMI20w7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VBVkYXTfmc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1uy_l7ojZg
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Re: LANCASTER!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 05:28:12 AM »
That aircraft's a beaut, well done to all involved!

:aok
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:11:14 PM »
  Is this the chicken coop Lanc??

Glad to see another lanc airworthy!

:salute

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »
ya,right now there,trying to get money from donations,they also have a Mossie and other planes and there trying to restore a halifax bomber,it will take time but its till well spent!i Vountear there,sorry for bad spelling but i give tours of the lancaster,to people,we only charge a doller a person for the tour,the thing is massive in person, videos kinda show it,but you actully have to see it to see how beautiful it is, but when you go inside it, you get a feeling, because eveytime im inside the lancaster doing a tour..there is no room in the thing to get around,you have to bend over so you dont hit you head,its made out of thin metal...just think about being in the lancaster with a full crew,30,000 ft...-30 to -40 below, for many hours,getting shot at...flak flying through the thin metal like butter,its a very beautiful plane,but the real side,is just scary...I Salute  :salute all the bomber crews that went down, In ww2...they were very brave, R.I.P they will never be forgotten  :salute :salute :salute :salute :salute :salute
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline Stoney12

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 11:13:40 PM »
I live 15 min from the Lanc in Hamilton, Ontario (1 of only 2 flying in the world..)...seen it fly many many times, there is no sound like it, and hard to imagine how 100's of them would sound flying together......awesome sight

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:09 PM »
Thanks for posting this :salute

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 03:01:33 AM »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 12:15:34 AM »
I like this:
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 01:35:04 AM »
Nice -- thanks for posting! <S>

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 11:49:46 AM »
I drove through Nanton AB. about 20 years ago in my 18 wheeler, the door to the hanger was open and there was a sad looking hulk of a bomber in there. I remember thinking, I hope they're able to restore it.
Well done people!!!   :salute
George "Alky®" Fisher