Author Topic: Levitating fighter  (Read 290 times)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
Levitating fighter
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:14:08 PM »
FYI, when HTC shut down the LW main arena today at about 2:45pm CST (right after the "You have been disconnected" message), I noticed a stationary fighter sitting on a VBase pad begin to rise slowly up into the air.  You might want to consider whether this is related to the new disco code...  I assume the intention is not to apply this code to stationary manned aircraft (whether at a base, or a Storch sitting on a hill).  

MH
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:17:59 PM by TDeacon »

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
Re: Levitating fighter
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »
FYI, when HTC shut down the LW main arena today at about 2:45pm CST, I noticed a stationary fighter sitting on a VBase pad begin to rise slowly up into the air.  You might want to consider whether this is related to the new disco code...  I assume the intention is not to apply this code to stationary manned aircraft (whether at a base, or a Storch sitting on a hill). 

MH
I've seen it happen in the past... It floats. Then goes sky rocketing into the air or down to hell...
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »
If I understand you correctly, you were disconnected from the server and therefore not receiving new information as to the location of the plane. The program began to "smooth" in the gap in info. The longer it has to do this, the farther from the truth things can get. Of course the true position of the other plane was disconnected.
I am guessing the program is working as intended? The drone that is supposed to hold a players position is currently disabled (so I hear), so (another guess)it should be the smoothing code that is at work. 
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
If I understand you correctly, you were disconnected from the server and therefore not receiving new information as to the location of the plane. The program began to "smooth" in the gap in info. The longer it has to do this, the farther from the truth things can get. Of course the true position of the other plane was disconnected.
I am guessing the program is working as intended? The drone that is supposed to hold a players position is currently disabled (so I hear), so (another guess)it should be the smoothing code that is at work.  

I doubt it, but in any case, this is just a FYI for HTC.  The grounded plane (remember that at 2:45pmCST everyone was thrown off the server at once so he was discoed as well) left the ground and slowly rose straight up into the sky...  Never seen this before.  Remember that the disco code supposedly puts the disconnected planes into a slight climb.  If the code wasn't working correctly, a stationary plane might be given a vertical movement vector component, and since he was stationary and had no horizontal component at the time he was disconnected, the result could be purely vertical movement.

MH
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:56:24 PM by TDeacon »

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »
I doubt it, but in any case, this is just a FYI for HTC.  The grounded plane (remember that at 2:45pmCST everyone was thrown off the server at once so he was discoed as well) left the ground and slowly rose straight up into the sky...  Never seen this before.  Remember that the disco code supposedly puts the disconnected planes into a slight climb.  If the code wasn't working correctly, a stationary plane might be given a vertical movement vector component, and since he was stationary and had no horizontal component at the time he was disconnected, the result could be purely vertical movement.

MH

nope ....as stated above your post..that is it... ;)