Author Topic: Helicopter Fishing  (Read 650 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Helicopter Fishing
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »
it was absolutley beyond a doubt stupid....but that was some excellent flying.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »
Right because the stupidity of thinking the line in which ur helicopter is hooked up to while descending will not eventually get into you rotor once you decend to a certain point is the same as this...

Ah what happened there was ground crew pulled on the line when they were not supposed to be anywhere near it.

Offline Hoffman

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 12:35:58 AM »
Right because the stupidity of thinking the line in which ur helicopter is hooked up to while descending will not eventually get into you rotor once you decend to a certain point is the same as this...

He was fine right up until that moron grabbed the cable from under the helicopter... surprised he didn't lose his hand or fingers...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »

Plenty of room till the idiot on the ground pulled the cable taught.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 04:52:07 PM »
Epic win right there  :aok
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 09:00:19 PM »
I don't win friends or influence people with my thoughts, but the whole thing could have gone south real fast with those AC guys running up to a chopper with the rotor still spinning like that.   Don't believe me?  We had a case here in Dallas this year where a beautiful young model walked into a spinning prop on her way to thank the pilot for a sight seeing trip.  People sometimes just don't think.  The kid was the only one who looked like he had a healthy concern.

No one got hurt.  I'm glad it worked out.  It did look cool. 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »
I don't win friends or influence people with my thoughts, but the whole thing could have gone south real fast with those AC guys running up to a chopper with the rotor still spinning like that.   Don't believe me?  We had a case here in Dallas this year where a beautiful young model walked into a spinning prop on her way to thank the pilot for a sight seeing trip.  People sometimes just don't think.  The kid was the only one who looked like he had a healthy concern.

No one got hurt.  I'm glad it worked out.  It did look cool.  

That was a plane and someone who was clueless around aircraft. While tragic, you just can't protect them all.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 07:41:28 PM »
I've been in UH-1N with rescue when I could reach out a grab a tree branch, up in the Saw-tooth Mountains, but they are practicing saving lives, not thrill seaking...  :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,