Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program Game...who else plays it?  (Read 474 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Kerbal Space Program Game...who else plays it?
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:43:01 PM »
I know GScholz knows about it based on his reference in the Neil Armstrong thread a few weeks back. I have been playing it and using it as a math learning tool for my 9 year old son to work on some basic addition and subtraction skills but now I love this little game and now I am going to see if I can get multiple capsules into orbit around two or three different targets all off the same rocket? I doubt that it can be done but they are adding in docking mechanics and fuel transfers in the next update. Besides blowing up little green dudes on the launch pad is AWESOME!

http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: Kerbal Space Program Game...who else plays it?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »
Yeah, I've been playing since 0.13. Great fun!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 05:26:15 PM »

An old video I made back when there were no big rocket parts. If you wanted to get anything sizable to the Mun, the launch vehicle became horribly complicated. :)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
Sweet ship there bud. I am hoping that with the new docking components that should be up in the next version that I can get a multi-capsule ship up and going on a mission to Duna or even farther out.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
Looks fun but really dont want to spend $$$ to buy it
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 09:46:09 PM »
Orbiter is fun... and it's free.

EDIT: If you consider hours of frustration fun, that is.  ;)

See Rule #4

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 10:45:17 PM »
Very fun game. 

Very nice video GS.  That Mechjeb is pretty awesome looking.  Every time I have left Kerbal for the Mun has been on manual.  I need to download that asap!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 09:51:03 AM »
MechJeb is a must! With it you at least have some 1960s computational power at you disposal.

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 11:19:04 AM »
I play it, Had a space station set up till it um hit some junk in the path and i have a deep space ship (was a pain to get going due to the size) I have a large mun base to.
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »
That's awesome Mr Meanie!  :aok

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 04:11:34 AM »
I play it every once in a while, but have problems with atmospheric frame rate and just creativity in general...I get a capsule to orbit and come home and it's just kinda "welp, that's it." Same reason I don't do well with vanilla Minecraft; build my house and basic tools, then stare at it for a while trying to figure out what I want to do before leaving it for another few months.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »
I am working on getting multiple small satellites into orbit around my home planet from one booster. I am trying to setup a group of them out to the Mun and then put a couple in orbit around the Mun so I can have continuous coverage with rovers on the Mun and hopefully get some out to the farther planets soon. I have been having trouble with a Kethane Probe Scanner that I downloaded in a MMI pack. Getting it up past 9k has been a freaking nightmare due to balance issues; the problem is I am having to do a massive redesign on it stage by stage to just get the weight balanced and it is a PITA.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"