Author Topic: Enable Auto Skin Download Button Does Not Stay Checked  (Read 552 times)

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
Enable Auto Skin Download Button Does Not Stay Checked
« on: November 25, 2012, 07:05:35 AM »
It's a new build and I transferred some folders from the old computer like sound, gunsights and plane skins. Now every time I check the auto skin download box it unchecks itself. I heard some people having the same problem.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Enable Auto Skin Download Button Does Not Stay Checked
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 10:41:13 AM »
It will do that if the files/folders are marked as read-only, or if some type of security software (Norton and McAfee are really bad about this) is interfering with the game, or if you install the game in the "Program Files" folder of a Vista/Windows 7/8 system.

It is nothing we can control.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 08:15:46 AM »
I do have Norton. I think I can fix it. I will try that tonight.
Thank you Skuzzy!

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »
Well it didn't work. I have Norton in the other 3 game computers I use and never had this problem. I allow AH to go through the firewall but I always close all antivirus and firewall (among other things) before running the game. I also opened the ports in the router.  I am thinking of renaming the folder with the plane skins and see what happens.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 10:00:33 AM »
Well it didn't work. I have Norton in the other 3 game computers I use and never had this problem. I allow AH to go through the firewall but I always close all antivirus and firewall (among other things) before running the game. I also opened the ports in the router.  I am thinking of renaming the folder with the plane skins and see what happens.

This is one of many problems with Norton/McAfee.  Inconsistency is their trademark.  Also note, you cannot disable Norton.  The disable function it has only stops reporting things to you, it does not allow your computer to return to normal functionality. 

The only way to get the computer back to normal behavior is to remove Norton and use Symantecs special tool which is supposed to undo the damage done when Norton was installed.  The regular un-installer does not correct the damage done when Norton was installed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
This may be coincidental. It happened to me around the time I downloaded the new Me410 skin to look at. Since then I've been manualy setting the box from the (skins.cfg) file.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline F77

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »
It may be a co-incidence but I just noticed my box was unchecked today, don't have Norton, but I will keep an eye on it...