Author Topic: Has Trinity been pulled?  (Read 5885 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Has Trinity been pulled?
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »
Trinity is an awesome map.  The problem is the mountains and the circle jerk that happens at V135.  Correct those two things and Trinity would be the best map.

For the life of me I do not understand how the travesty at V135 happens when the absolute best tank town in AH is present in Trinity.

If the mountains were lowered and a few more gv spawns in and through the mountains were present it would be an even better map than it already is.

Seriously though, V135 is a drag. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2012, 11:11:52 PM »
For the life of me I do not understand how the travesty at V135 happens when the absolute best tank town in AH is present in Trinity.

Because it TT doesn't have the "I am here" factor.  Put a vBase in the center to replace the town, and that would be fixed.  Alternatively, change the TT starting bases per my comment in the Wishlist "Trinity" thread.

BTW, what's wrong with V135, other than that it's boring?  It's just one vBase, and certainly it's no reason to pull the map.  

MH
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:19:44 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2012, 12:24:40 PM »
I hope this can capture the correct sentiment that I have for Trinity:

• I am glad that it no longer dominates my monthly accessible Aces High play time.  It's presence in rotation was way too long.
  • I have great respect for the map creator and this fine piece of work, but it is unfortunate how the "current" game play issues have rendered it moot.
  • It seems that a good number of folks that liked the map refer to V135 as if it were a tanker's heaven.  I have many issues with that, many of those discussed here by others, but mostly it was merely snipers paradise for a select few.
  • Chopping down mountains, removing frontline choke points and moving spawn points might fix the map to fit the "current" Main Arena game play, but isn't that like putting the horse in front of the cart?  Besides, that sounds just about as labor intensive as creating another map of the same size.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »
    It seems that a good number of folks that liked the map refer to V135 as if it were a tanker's heaven.  I have many issues with that, many of those discussed here by others, but mostly it was merely snipers paradise for a select few.[/li][/list]

You are probably thinking of V28 / V83 (with the cliff).  V135 is pretty innocuous.  

MH
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:06:23 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
    « Reply #109 on: December 06, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
    TDeacon, I stand corrected, thank you.  Then was V135 the hilly mountainside spawn, where snipers hid in corners or behind burms behind the spawn point?  In any case, one of the issues with the GV gamey feel still fits Cav's (an actual tank commander's) comment.  Forgive me for my poor enthusiasm for any reason to bring Trinity back with the current status quo. 

Yes, I admit that my poor skills in GVs as well as planes, boats, or field guns, probably fuels my apathy.  ;)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
    • Platinum Member
        • Das Muppets
    « Reply #110 on: December 06, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
    I think one of us should create a topic with everyones ideas for 1 map called, enthusiastically, "the people's map" and it should be shaped like The Rock's head.  Its a win-win.
    "Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
        • Pigs on the Wing
    « Reply #111 on: December 06, 2012, 06:15:06 PM »
    -Babalon
    "Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
    POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.