Author Topic: Icon Range Indicator Settings  (Read 502 times)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Icon Range Indicator Settings
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »
Hello gents,

Is there an Arena Setting where range icons for ENEMY aircraft can be set to the exact distance in individual yard increments as I have seen it displayed for friendly AC (instead of d100 or d200 increments)?  If so, what variable and value is set?

I'd like to be able to adjust this if possible for training purposes offline or in custom arenas/missions.

Thanks!

:salute
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Icon Range Indicator Settings
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:26:28 PM »
I am unfamiliar with arena/host variables that may be in place to change enemy distances displayed in detail (rather than estimated within 100 yards as it is) out to X distance, but I believe what you are looking for is under the arena settup/settings.  Hopefuly someone who is familiar in this area will stop by.

In the MAs it is set by/on the host/server and unadjustable by players (unless it be exploited.  You can look up the variables and see what they are - you just can't change them unless you work for HTCs).

Off the top of my head, for training and practicing purposes, you can disable KS (kill shooter) and enable FF (friendly fire) offline or in a custom arena, shoot at a friendly AI or friendly player willing to help you.  You could also go to the TA and find someone to help you and stay on the same country (I believe TA defaults are KS is disabled and FF is turned down to only inflict a minute fraction of the actual damage that would of happened)

Edit: Try and ask the more seasoned AvA staff members who have experience setting up and running weekly events the AvA arena - I suspect they are familiar and know about where these icon settings are at in the arena settup, and what if any limitations exist with them.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:33:29 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 06:36:14 PM »
You can set the range at which the icon can be seen. The settings are in feet from 0 (completely off) to 72000; 9000 would make it so the icon won't show up until it would indicate 3k distance. You can set the range at which you are told the model of that P51 (-B or -D). You cannot set how the distance is displayed.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 06:46:22 PM »
You can set the range at which the icon can be seen. The settings are in feet from 0 (completely off) to 72000; 9000 would make it so the icon won't show up until it would indicate 3k distance. You can set the range at which you are told the model of that P51 (-B or -D). You cannot set how the distance is displayed.

OK.  Thanks.  So only FRIENDLY aircraft can be displayed by yards then instead of the larger distance increments.

:salute
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:56:01 AM »
According to Dot, the detailed-distances we see at closer ranges than 1.0k (friendly or enemy), is unchangeable (likely coded that way).

It may be possible for HTCs to add a feature (in this case, more settings for those hosting arenas or practicing offline with friendly and enemy icons), but someone needs to request it on the wishlist forum first.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.