Author Topic: Need Flight Traing  (Read 354 times)

Offline bruiser

• Zinc Member
Need Flight Traing
« on: March 05, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »
I go by bruiser in the game. I am looking for Training in Dogfighting. I live in Florida USA, EST time. I am availiable anytime until next Monday, then in the evenings after work. You can message me here or Email me at carpbar@att.net.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Need Flight Traing
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
if you would like to wing up, you are invited fly with the 113th Lucky Strikes, we fly as Knights , vox 113, we are a P38 squad but you may fly what you like.  Check out our wiki page the link is in my signature.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:24:25 PM »
I am not a trainer Bruiser, but I have been known to throw a plane around, Ive seen you online in the DA, if you see me in there I will gladly do some 1vs1 with ya.....JETSOM ingame btw :salute

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:30:59 PM »
Ink is good and worth the time.

The only thought I have about simply flying with a group is that of bad habits. If you really want to learn the basics find someone like Ink or one of the trainers. Otherwise you are just going to get frustrated without learning how it works. Groups should require another level of training in the 'finger four,' Loose Deuce or US Navy Division tactics, all very similar. Most groups fly in a horde, which means you learn the game, not ACM. To win you will do most of what the real aces did way back when.

Take Ink up on his offer. Look for other experten like him. After that ask about solid squad tactics. I don't know about the 113th but Traveler has a good rep. ACM first, squad second.

My two cents, for what its worth.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 06:33:24 PM »

The only thought I have about simply flying with a group is that of bad habits. If you really want to learn the basics find someone like Ink or one of the trainers. Otherwise you are just going to get frustrated without learning how it works. Groups should require another level of training in the 'finger four,' Loose Deuce or US Navy Division tactics, all very similar. Most groups fly in a horde, which means you learn the game, not ACM. To win you will do most of what the real aces did way back when.

Take Ink up on his offer. Look for other experten like him. After that ask about solid squad tactics. I don't know about the 113th but Traveler has a good rep. ACM first, squad second.

Boo

well your .02$ went up in worth to me...... :D

thanx :salute

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 10:50:14 PM »
 Bruiser,

I'm usually in the TA most evenigs during the week,9pm till 11 pm est.

Just drop in and give me a shout,if I'm not busy I'll be glad to help.

:salute

PS: If you can get some time in with Ink/Jetsom it will be time well spent.

Offline bruiser

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 10:07:35 AM »
Thanks for all the interest in helping me learn everyone... Ink, I have seen you in DA as well I'll see you there and Morfriend I will look for you in TA as well... Thx again Guys!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 11:48:19 AM »

Boo

The 113th does not fly as a horde, we do use wing tactics, however, we don’t require people that request or that we ask to wing up with us to for a few flights to partake in our training.   We just encourage them to fly with us because they might enjoy it.  A lot of how we operate as a squad is available on our wiki page.  The 113th  squad agrees with you, the best  way to learn ACM is one on one with a trainer.
Do check out our wiki page It provide a number of actual WWII training films on SA, ACM and tactics, a number of AH training films and the link to the Ah training environment.  One thing that flying with a properly trained wingman will do is improve the new players SA and help provide an environment in which he may succeed.   Speaking as a lifelong flight Instructor, for both civil and military pilots,  who received his flight training from his WWII, P47, P51 and  flight instructor Dad.  I believe that if ranked in importance to a pilots survival would be  SA, Tactics and ACM.   
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes