Author Topic: Get rid of this map  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Get rid of this map
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2013, 11:22:42 PM »
Been there years ago when 2 NOE 110 groups wandered into each other. It was an epic fight with the edge going to our team that had 2 N1K's guarding the goon and they had 1 190A8.

I remember when our 110 NOE ran into a Mossy NOE. :joystick:  Oh the joyful fun I had. :x Till I found the water. :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 11:40:11 PM »
I'm assuming this would mean that Squid IS Included?

Whats a Monster lake without a squid, maybe they could put a Nessie in for the British Isles folks.  :D
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »
I wonder if one NOE whord has ever accidentally run into aNOTHER NOE whorde? Do they just tip their hats and go on about their whording, or do they throw the gloves down and fight?

Yes, the Claim Jumpers ran into the Jokers (I think it was them). Both were NOE, but since the Claim Jumpers were mostly drunk at the time (three guys actually hit the water for no reason) the more organized and... sober squad one the engagement.

Offline tuton25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2013, 12:11:42 AM »
That map would be a great Mid war areana, don't get me wrong...
I'm not much of a furballer, as the planes I fly are hard to win in and I suck which is a double whammy in my case....
It just it is so small that there is nothing but a massive furball and if you don't wan't to try and run the vulch you have to fly 2-3 sectors to be in the fight....
><))))*> Da Fish is in Da Fight

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2013, 06:43:07 AM »
No!

Every map has something that you may not like.  We have already lost one map recently, that frankly I enjoyed.  It was different and had different challenges.  Let's not lose another..............then another............and we will be left with.............?maybe they (HT) needs to make more....wait that will never happen

This map has exactly the same thing that all of the maps have, it has blue sky above it for all of us to fly in.

Everyone is my friend :)
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2013, 09:04:31 AM »
That map would be a great Mid war areana, don't get me wrong...
I'm not much of a furballer, as the planes I fly are hard to win in and I suck which is a double whammy in my case....
It just it is so small that there is nothing but a massive furball and if you don't wan't to try and run the vulch you have to fly 2-3 sectors to be in the fight....

One second its too small, next you have to fly forever to find a fight, make up your mind!  :D

Another thing, its not because of the map that you suck in a fighter, so don't blame the map. Skill can be taught IF you are willing to put in the time to learn it.

The biggest reason this map is a problem for so many is because of the type of game play we have. NOE's are tough due to the razor sharp mountains and valleys as well as the predictable "water paths" most flights take. It takes a different type of mission to get around this map and as most player don't/won't change their style of play they instead complain that the map sucks.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2013, 09:16:41 AM »
Is it the green stamp map? If so I was hoping for a show of force last night. None came.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 09:36:38 AM »
FYI "this map" originally referred to Mindanao

while at this moment we are on beta2

A GASTROPOD public service  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »
FYI "this map" originally referred to Mindanao

(Image removed from quote.)

while at this moment we are on beta2

(Image removed from quote.)

A GASTROPOD public service  :D

ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!! I hate that map!!! I wish they'd get rid of it!!!    :noid

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »
I raised a complaint on this map a couple of years back and I received an incredible amount of flack. Much more than any base or HQ could produce. So it's funny that are just now seeing the issues. The real problem with this map is he super high mountains in the center and the location of the uncapturable bases. They should just get rid of some of the mountains and add a few more bases in their place. That may produce the some good fights and strategic operations. They would be a heck of a fight to keep those bases.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2013, 10:36:09 AM »
Beta2 is my pet hate amongst the rotation as well. No CVs, plus high border mountains and long flights that discourage air combat. Luckily it is rarely around for long. Mindanao is badly unbalanced, but I can usually find a fight on it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2013, 10:43:25 AM »
Beta2 is my pet hate amongst the rotation as well.

On beta2 I almost never defend against the side that is close to winning the war  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2013, 10:58:23 AM »
I like both those maps.  I've had great fights on Beta over the years and was happy to see it up last night.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 04:57:08 PM »
Whats a Monster lake without a squid, maybe they could put a Nessie in for the British Isles folks.  :D

I petition to bring back the squid map! with Monster lake.

Please sign below:
------------------------------------------------

1. HL
2. Volron

:D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 12:56:08 AM »
I like both those maps.  I've had great fights on Beta over the years and was happy to see it up last night.

I do like the Mandinao alot!